Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr ESPN+ May 11th

It was a turd but DLS actually is good, and this is what you call “win now look good later” in that particular fight. As for Loma, I think old vet still has a chance. But he’ll have to be willing to be hit some. And to get more aggressive early. But Shakur should be the favorite.
How is DLS good? He wasn't even proven leading up to the Shakur fight and only landed 40 total punches in 12 rounds. Up until Prograis fought Haney that stat is the lowest connect rate in CompuBox's near 40 year history. Shakur stunk the joint out and DLS was no better. Neither wanted to engage. All Shakur needed was his jab to beat him.

How is DLS good? He wasn't even proven leading up to the Shakur fight and only landed 40 total punches in 12 rounds. Up until Prograis fought Haney that stat is the lowest connect rate in CompuBox's near 40 year history. Shakur stunk the joint out and DLS was no better. Neither wanted to engage. All Shakur needed was his jab to beat him.
All Shakur was willing to risk was a jab.

Right, but DLS hardly wanted to engage. It wasn't just because he couldn't hit Shakur. He threw more than Shakur did but only by about 100 punches. I'm with @Mujeriego that was one of the worst fights I've seen in years. Neither came to fight.
Oh absolutely garbage fight, and damn both of them for that, it was my disappointment of 2023, but what I mean is that if DLS sucked Shakur would have KO his ass easy, they both show their massive egos more than back any claims they wanted to be great. But honestly I think matched correctly not just Steveson but rather both will shine again.

I can’t stop being amused by how easily the prior top 2 at 140 were so easily beaten by 135 guys, specifically guys with the common opponent Loma… I really wonder if Loma who had good fights with Lopez/Haney could have bumped to 140 before he ever faced Lopez and downloaded 140 too roflmao. He’s small but he was waaaaay more competitive with Lopez/Haney than Taylor/Prograis

Instead he’s here about to go vintage Loma on Kambosos and it’s kinda yawn.

Oh absolutely garbage fight, and damn both of them for that, it was my disappointment of 2023, but what I mean is that if DLS sucked Shakur would have KO his ass easy, they both show their massive egos more than back any claims they wanted to be great. But honestly I think matched correctly not just Steveson but rather both will shine again.
Shakur isn't a finisher though so I'm not surprised that he didn't get it. His KO rate is only 47% which is what you'd see from a feather-fisted decision machine. This was DLS' first real step up and he looked like ass.

Shakur is skilled but I don't blame Loma or Haney for not prioritizing him on their list of desirable opponents. He's boring, doesn't sell, and he's not as proven as either of them. Look at their resumes and compare them to Shakur's. Loma's fought everybody and Haney is already a legit two-division champ and the former undisputed lightweight king.

This fight will happen in quite some time but based on this thread it doesn't seem like fans are utterly fascinated by the matchup.

Back