• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lol Conor fans boasting about his improvements despite one sided loss

True. Conor did as well as you and I would do.
<36>

But I think we wouldn't tap so easily.
Well I didn’t mean I would do better lol I was just saying the expectations are equal. “Conor almost punched him some!” Or “khabib didn’t immediately murder him and it lasted more than a round.”

Maybe Khabib should give Gleison Tibau a rematch since he got such a gift decision the first time. Funny how they havn't fed Khabib a strong wrestler since.
{<jordan}

Conor fans are the gift that keep on giving.

Well, hes having them served on platinum trays in one of his 5 multi million dollar estates. Hes going to be just fine.
kazaam needs to worry about karma, his teammates, his millions held (possibly lost)
In every metric except the outcome, kazaam has taken the L

And what, exactly, interests me - as a fan of the sport - other than the outcome?

Do I care about Conors or Kbabib's money? Why should anyone genuinely care?

I think the FW champ did pretty well against the natural WW.

And what, exactly, interests me - as a fan of the sport - other than the outcome?

Do I care about Conors or Kbabib's money? Why should anyone genuinely care?
Because as a professional, in any form, how you are compensated for your work is probably the very best indicator of your success in that chosen profession.
Its a nonsensical reply when people say "is that your money", or "did you get any of that 100million"
Of course its not anyones money except for khabibs and conors. However, my point stands

Because as a professional, in any form, how you are compensated for your work is probably the very best indicator of your success in that chosen profession.
Its a nonsensical reply when people say "is that your money", or "did you get any of that 100million"
Of course its not anyones money except for khabibs and conors. However, my point stands

"Because as a professional, in any form, how you are compensated for your work is probably the very best indicator of your success in that chosen profession."
Yes. You are not that professional, so this did not address my question. Did you want to say that, in general, you care about the fighters' compensation? If, so, then you have a point. However, that was not the vibe I was getting.

"Its a nonsensical reply when people say "is that your money", or "did you get any of that 100million"."
This is the only argument you have provided as an answer to my question. Not too convincing.

"However, my point stands."
Man, genuinely not trying to be an a**hole, but I still don't see your argument. Maybe I'm missing something.

When I sit my ass in front of the TV to watch a fight, I care about is the outcome of said fight. If I were a raging fan, I'd start splitting hairs over things that would (probably) suddenly concern me.

Why would you refuse to acknowledge what Conor did well simply because he ultimately lost?

"Because as a professional, in any form, how you are compensated for your work is probably the very best indicator of your success in that chosen profession."
Yes. You are not that professional, so this did not address my question. Did you want to say that, in general, you care about the fighters' compensation? If, so, then you have a point. However, that was not the vibe I was getting.

"Its a nonsensical reply when people say "is that your money", or "did you get any of that 100million"."
This is the only argument you have provided as an answer to my question. Not too convincing.

"However, my point stands."
Man, genuinely not trying to be an a**hole, but I still don't see your argument. Maybe I'm missing something.

When I sit my ass in front of the TV to watch a fight, I care about is the outcome of said fight. If I were a raging fan, I'd start splitting hairs over things that would (probably) suddenly concern me.
LOL at that guy. How about all those CEOs that refuse pay until they until they turn the company around to a profitable position? They take on a new job with the chips stacked against them and give every effort without any pay. A stark contrast to the GM CEOs who bled the company dry with massive salaries that were not earned.

There's also very little point in praising a fighter for their payout due to being a draw (aka their ability to milk dopes of their money due to catering to the lowest common denominator) as opposed to praising a fighter for their fighting ability.

To this day, nobody got me as amped to see a fight live quite like seeing Fedor. I could care less how much he made as long as he he made a good living. It was up to him and his managers to negotiate his pay. "That's on him."

anigif_sub-buzz-7773-1488528798-2.gif
I love jello.

I think the FW champ did pretty well against the natural WW.

Conor walks around at 177 lbs according to his striking coach, Owen Roddy. So Khabib might be a bit bigger, but lets not exaggerate & try to make it look like they're 2 weight classes apart.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...veals-mcgregor-coach-owen-roddy-a6893251.html

Conor's own striking coach of 11 years, Owen Roddy:

"Conor walks around 80 kilos (177lbs) and he'd still be cutting a bit at '77'," said Roddy

He'll lose to Tony, Tony will lose to McG and the rematch will happen.

I can see this happening. I think Ferg matches up really well against Khabib and is the only guy that I can think of in the division where I actually think he'd beat Khabib. Then I think McG beats Ferg, but loses to Khabib 9 times out of 10.

I haven't seen anyone boasting about that through all of the Khabib hype

Fans seen an improvement in his takedown defence including fighters like Woodley and Bisping, is no one aloud to say that except them or be called a Conor fanboy

ahh you douchebag conor haters. On one hand you pretend like he has no business as the lightweight champ, fluke this gifted that. On the other hand you can't admit to yourselves going four rounds and staying competitive with khabib who people have anointed the next goat is an accomplishment. So which is it, Does conor suck? does khabib suck?

fucking fairweather fans.

As for TC i think our accounts were created around the same time. you have 26 thousand more posts than i do in two years. Yeah you don't live in your moms basement you fucking loser.

ahh you douchebag conor haters. On one hand you pretend like he has no business as the lightweight champ, fluke this gifted that. On the other hand you can't admit to yourselves going four rounds and staying competitive with khabib who people have anointed the next goat is an accomplishment. So which is it, Does conor suck? does khabib suck?

fucking fairweather fans.

As for TC i think our accounts were created around the same time. you have 26 thousand more posts than i do in two years. Yeah you don't live in your moms basement you fucking loser.

Who is TC

Conor did improve yes, but all this did was allow him to get dominated for longer.

He surprised me too with how he avoided takedowns and wrestled a bit etc ... but all he could do was defend himself better than usual... he still never offered anything to Khabib or was ever in a dominant position?

So yay Conor I guess
Stick to nonsense threads please

Back