• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Logic test question given at job interview..

King Richard

Christopher Hitchens Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I recently attended an interview for a new job, the interview went really well and i was offered the job, but after the face to face interview, i was given around 20 logic/math based questions for the aptitude part of the interview.

After being told of my success my new boss told me i did the best on the test since it's conception around 5 years ago (he commented on my MENSA membership/IQ score which was on my CV).. long story short, i got 19/20 and before he even told me, i knew what question i had got wrong, but i still don't know the answer, it's really bugging me,

Can anyone here shed some light on the answer and how to get it? Here is the question..

"John buys 1 best selling cookbook and 4 novels for $50.50
Julie buys 2 best selling cookbooks and 2 novels for $56.00

How much is a best selling cookbook?"

Lmao at having your IQ on your CV.

And the answer is simple: Depends on the prices of the novels.

I recently attended an interview for a new job, the interview went really well and i was offered the job, but after the face to face interview, i was given around 20 logic/math based questions for the aptitude part of the interview.

After being told of my success my new boss told me i did the best on the test since it's conception around 5 years ago (he commented on my MENSA membership/IQ score which was on my CV).. long story short, i got 19/20 and before he even told me, i knew what question i had got wrong, but i still don't know the answer, it's really bugging me,

Lol. "After being informed of my success, scoring the greatest score ever scored, and complimented on my genius level IQ..."

mrw-my-parents-talk-dirty-to-each-other-in-front-of-me-145403.gif

I would use reverse psychology and ask:

Is John a vegan?
Answer 1 for yes/Answer 2 for no

Is Julie a vegan?
Answer 1 for yes/Answer 2 for no

Once you filled out the answer to these questions, return to sender for further completion.

i thought the worth of asking tricky questions at interviews was debunked circa 2007.

cookbook is 20,5.

Last edited:
You dum.

y=7.50

You're welcome fo rdoing your hw for you. give me a like, foo.

Ironic that you put your IQ on your resume, because that's something a fucking retard would do.

(X x 2) + (Y x 2) = 56.00
Divide everything by 2 gives you
X + Y = 28

X + (Y x 4) = 50.50
Subtract X + Y = 28 gives you
Y x 3 = 22.5
Divide everything by 3 gives you
Y = 7.5

X + (7.5 x 4) = 50.50
Now you can solve
X = $20.5

Should have written down "What do you define as best selling?"

Can anyone here shed some light on the answer and how to get it? Here is the question..

Nothing personal man, but if you can‘t solve this one your not Mensa material.

My question back to them, "Why do I give a fuck? Its between 20-25 bucks."

Also, you don't need to know that to be a walmart greeter.

(X x 2) + (Y x 2) = 56.00
Divide everything by 2 gives you
X + Y = 28

X + (Y x 4) = 50.50
Subtract X + Y = 28 gives you
Y x 3 = 22.5
Divide everything by 3 gives you
Y = 7.5

X + (7.5 x 4) = 50.50
Now you can solve
X = $20.5

You must be Asian.

This really isn't that difficult to solve, but it can be under certain time constraints. Our office does an aptitude test called the Wonderlic. It's really old school, but surprisingly, it's been great at predicting how easy it is to train employees.

Back