• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LOGAN (Patrick Stewart Retires from X-Men Universe; 96% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

After watching the two trailers, are you looking forward to watching LOGAN?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This second trailer actually has me interested, will watch.

No, wolvie is superhuman has lifted more than 2 tons. Batman is peak human...But has done crazy stuff for a human like I think he has benched over 1 ton

Batman's official DC stats puts his raw Bench 1RM at 1,000lbs. Which is still very much in the low Metahuman range.

Okay, I definitely want to see this now. It might still suck but Wolvie is my favorite superhero of all time (Venom supervillain) and now I'm really interested.

I have a feeling this movie will be like Midnight Special with Michael Shannon, and Joel Edgerton. I hate movies about bratty kids coming of age. This is not a good send-off for Hugh Jackman.

Updated the OP with the extended red-band trailer.

So Batman can bench press more than Wolverine?
Batman is just a human at the peak of strength potential, like the Punisher or Kingpin. Wolverine has actual superhuman strength, but on the low end compared to behemoths like the Colossus or Hulk.
4938104-4841484248-marve.jpg

He would be around Captain America level in this chart.

I have a feeling this movie will be like Midnight Special with Michael Shannon, and Joel Edgerton. I hate movies about bratty kids coming of age. This is not a good send-off for Hugh Jackman.
So you didn't enjoy Stranger Things? Or Arya's development into a killer in GoT? Or Hanna?

X-23 is a compelling character and it looks like they cast her perfectly. Everyone's tired of Wolverine and this is the perfect passing of the torch to the new breed.

Batman is just a human at the peak of strength potential, like the Punisher or Kingpin. Wolverine has actual superhuman strength, but on the low end compared to behemoths like the Colossus or Hulk.

Shit. Didn't know Spiderman was gay.

So you didn't enjoy Stranger Things? Or Arya's development into a killer in GoT? Or Hanna?

X-23 is a compelling character and it looks like they cast her perfectly. Everyone's tired of Wolverine and this is the perfect passing of the torch to the new breed.

I wished it was at least raging hormonal teenage X-23 who was coming into her sexuality for the first time kind of movie.

LOL Midnight Special was one of the best films of last year.

Yeah, she's not super strong, right?

Anyway, the trailer looks pretty good but I've said that about the past several Wolverine movies so I'm going to hold my horses (so to speak) for now.

Wolverines healing gives him peak human strength (as instead of days of recovery his muscle fibres repair after every rep), so we can assume he is at least at the natural limit of human lbm (at this point it's his hormones, myostatin genes etc, that restrict muscle gain, things natural selection builds in to stop animals becoming over muscled messes).

She then too is at least as strong as her frame and muscle mass would allow. Imagine if this girl had instant healing.

Hmmm, never considered that point.

While effectively Wolverine must be stronger than a normal guy, I didn't think he was ever billed as being able to "press tons" ... If you have a blade nothing can stop you don't really need to be that strong to cut things, do you?

Wolverine is considered to be as physically strong as a human being can be. So the strongest human possible.

Which is literally nothing compared to mutants who have mutant strength. lol

Not necessarily agreed. While i do think Batman would not be against PEDs and would have access to the strongest PEDs there are, he is still human. Cap is superhuman, due to serum.

I'd place Wolverine somewhere between Cap and Luke Cage in that chart, way above peak human strength. Imagine healing torn muscles fibers each day, every day. That's what bodybuilders and to an extent, power-lifters do. But he heals immediately. No way that is only peak human.

Is it weird that I'm really excited for this especially after being burnt so many times by Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back