• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lit my backyard grill and 2 rats ran out of it

I probably would've ran in the house if I had that happen to me lol!

I had that happen with squirrels one year, I just cleaned the grill and ran it on high before putting anything on it.

Careful, if they've urinated in the Grill u can get leptospirosis and die if you eat food contaminated with it.Throw out the Grill.

If only you had something to sanitize the grill?

Wait, you do.....fire!

If it bothers you that bad, don't throw it away. Sell it on Craigslist. You may as well get some money for it.

I turned on the propane then ignited the grill and 2 giant rats ran out of it. I was about to grill a flap steak seasoned with Argentinian steak rub from Williams & Sonoma.

I guess it’s a common problem in a lot of areas. I knew I had rabbits in the backyard but rats? I’m calling a damn exterminator and throwing away the grill. Going to buy a new one to keep in the garage and grill on the driveway.

I ended up cooking the steak in a cast iron skillet and slicing it up to make tacos with black beans, cojita cheese, and this chipotle street taco sauce I get. Tacos were gangster as hell
<{poor?}>

I would have continued grilling and ate those steaks. The heat from the grill would have destroyed any contaminates from the rats.
There are protein contaminants that are destroyed at 1500 degrees. Your grill cannot kill those.

Funny. Some fucking asshole set fire to my house yesterday.

Its actually very common. Its a dry dark and mostly secure place. I actually had a mouse chilling in my grill cover a few weeks ago.

I turned on the propane then ignited the grill and 2 giant rats ran out of it. I was about to grill a flap steak seasoned with Argentinian steak rub from Williams & Sonoma.

I guess it’s a common problem in a lot of areas. I knew I had rabbits in the backyard but rats? I’m calling a damn exterminator and throwing away the grill. Going to buy a new one to keep in the garage and grill on the driveway.

I ended up cooking the steak in a cast iron skillet and slicing it up to make tacos with black beans, cojita cheese, and this chipotle street taco sauce I get. Tacos were gangster as hell
Just clean the grill with some heavy duty chemicals. Like so heavy duty you'll have to wait a while after cleaning for use. Don't just throw it away. Unless ur Rich asf

Propane grill? Rats? Steak seasoning?

I don’t want to sound rude, but it sure sounds like it’s time for you to raise your game a little, son.

Go primitive cook the rats! Feed it to your neighbor's kids!

Rats.
You don't mean mice?

Rats are the big dudes with long tails. Mice wear button shorts and talk in a high pitched voice and everything they say ends in "Ha ha"

I went to dig out my BBQ and there was a homeless guy living in it :(

@Elon Musk hit some really hard times

Yup as someone said, get yourself a nice cat, treat him like family, rat problem solved...BTW save your money, take the grill apart, easy off oven cleaner and a hose, heat it up...good to go.

I would have continued grilling and ate those steaks. The heat from the grill would have destroyed any contaminates from the rats.

Not sure I agree there. Rats piss and shit like, well... Rats, I suppose (ie. Extremely frequently and everywhere) - particularly in their own nests. This is one of their traits which is legitimately disgusting.

I guarantee you, the bottom of that grill is coated in dried rat urine and covered with turds.

Back