Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Faber
McDonald
Caraway/Perez winner
Bruce Leroy
Mitch Gagon

his KO over Eddie is way more impressive than Brown finishing Erick Silva, but no ones talking about it, kinda dissapointing

his KO over Eddie is way more impressive than Brown finishing Erick Silva, but no ones talking about it, kinda dissapointing

I agree, being unranked and beating the #4 Bantamweight in the world in impressive fashion should have carried a lot more weight. This doesn't happen very often.

Matt Brown, the #7 WW beating the #14 WW was a much more likely outcome. I do like Matt Brown, his fighting style and the way he comes back from adversity, but the end of that winning streak is coming to an end if they match him up with a top WW.

Yea there are a lot of problems that led to this.

Eduardo and Wineland have small profiles.
135 isn't taken seriously enough by the casual fans.
Was on the prelims despite Magny/Means being on the main card.
It was overshadowed on an MMA media level by an above average main event.

Any word on if Eduardo would be willing to fight Barao? I thought Florian said they trained together or something. If so I think that's reason enough to lose interest just because it means we don't really have a new challenger out of it, as impressive as it was.

I'd like to see Eduardo act as Cruz's comeback opponent. HUGE win for him, last night. I was watching with a mate and said “Wineland should crush this dude, BUT, I know he's a really decorated muay thai fighter so if Eddie just chooses to stand and bang, it could be a long night.”

Turns out it was a very short night!

Any word on if Eduardo would be willing to fight Barao? I thought Florian said they trained together or something. If so I think that's reason enough to lose interest just because it means we don't really have a new challenger out of it, as impressive as it was.

He's the Muay Thai coach at Nova Uniao

Given his last performance Eduardo beats McDonald and Faber imo will it be easy no but his skills are so smooth and his speed is top notch.

And I agree his performance was far more impresive than Browns.

I like Eduardo vs. Caceres

Winner would be an instant contender.

Back