Lion being ridden by tourists!

?
What is so funny?

Here is a clip of the shooting, and if this doesn´t wake any feelings, I do feel sorry for you. It´s not only women who can cry.

This clip doesn´t include the men and women who was witnessing this traumatic event, but they were all crying.

?
What is so funny?

Here is a clip of the shooting, and if this doesn´t wake any feelings, I do feel sorry for you. It´s not only women who can cry.

This clip doesn´t include the men and women who was witnessing this traumatic event, but they were all crying.

Yeah, its sad.

But there's a difference having empathy and falling to pieces in an uncontrollable sob like you're a toddler. Smdh.

Beautiful text, so much detail.

But I don´t see the connection between a male elephant in estrus with no backstory of being mistreated to the female elphant in a circus.

George Orwell had no other choice than to shot the animal, while in the Hawaii case there should have been other options, to enforce a more happy ending.

*takes any chance he can get to post some literature in the War Room*

*takes any chance he can get to post some literature in the War Room*

When posting links to text written by such a intellectual man, you will get a star in my book.

And by the way. I like how you express yourself. It´s poetic.

But I don´t agree with all your content. lol

Because we have a limited amount of empathy?
This is such a dumb ass argument. It is possible to give a shit about your neighborhood, a child in Somalia, and an abused animal all at the same time.
We should especially be protecting the things that can't protect themselves.

No but we do have a limited amount of hours in a day so we have to compartmentalize what we take action on.

Human suffering >>>> animal suffering.

Agreed.

I saw a docu once about a elephant who went rampage on the streets of Hawaii. When they shot this big majestic female elephant with hundreds of bullets that was of African origin and had been abused all her life, I could not stop crying. Some animals are not made to be held in Zoos or cirucs for entertainment, and african elephants is one of them. I understand the importance of making money in the zoo buisness, my own children has ridden rare mini ponies and pat some Ibex goats from middle east. Rare animals they charged to touch and feel. I´m okey with this, but to ride a lion? Could it be more un-natural?

The day I see a photo of some proud hunters posing with a murdered Snow leopard, I will take physical action, not only condemn hideous actions on a forum like this. Snow leopard for me is the epitome of Wild nature. So beautiful and majestic.

snow-leopard.jpg
I feel like you must be trolling.

What you’re doing is even worse. You gain the animal’s trust, befriend it, make it feel comfortable around you and one day you betray it, eat it and then push it out through your ass into a ceramic bowl and let plumbing do the rest.

You’re still murdering your animals. How can you justify it with that convoluted bullshit?
Can’t murder a chicken/cow.

Does this really bother you that much? Animals eat each other, they would eat us if they could.

Lion King is my all time favorite movie....seeing a majestic animal like the lion reduce to being a prop is sad

Argentinians throw around baby Dolphins to take selfies with so I’m not surprised by the country where it take place

What you’re doing is even worse. You gain the animal’s trust, befriend it, make it feel comfortable around you and one day you betray it, eat it and then push it out through your ass into a ceramic bowl and let plumbing do the rest.

You’re still murdering your animals. How can you justify it with that convoluted bullshit?

Is this post satire?

Can’t murder a chicken/cow.

Does this really bother you that much? Animals eat each other, they would eat us if they could.

There is not a single cow, horse, chicken, goat or sheep in the history of the earth that has eaten a human.

What are you babbling about.

There is not a single cow, horse, chicken, goat or sheep in the history of the earth that has eaten a human.

What are you babbling about.
Cow’s, Horse’s, Chicken’s, Goats/Sheep just haven’t had there chance yet.

But seriously how do we know? Some farmer may have died and been chicken feed. Who cares?

It’s just life. I don’t get the outrage.

No but we do have a limited amount of hours in a day so we have to compartmentalize what we take action on.

Human suffering >>>> animal suffering.
Where did this human vs. animal shit come from?
Everytime this argument comes up, you get guys come in and say "But humans are more important!!!!!" Why is your mind even thinking of these terms? It isn't an 'either or' situation. This is not sacrificing humans for animals, or vice versa.
Animals can't advocate for themselves, so obviously, people have to

lol We have a limited hours and resources for taking action? We are on Sherdog dicking around. We have plenty of time and resources to take action on a wide range of shit. Nobody in here isn't doing shit but basically 'thoughts and prayers'.
There isn't a bandwidth limit on how much you can care, and how many different things you can care about.
I am completely capable of caring about humans, animals, plant life, and the ocean all at once, as are you, and any other human.

And it isn't just about animals, it's about the people as well. A person that has no respect for life, and has no problem killing a being for fun, is a piece of shit. There is something mentally off with a person like that. I don't give a shit about a person like that, and I would put an animal over that kind of person any day of the week

Last edited:
lol We have a limited hours and resources for taking action? We are on Sherdog dicking around. We have plenty of time and resources to take action on a wide range of shit. Nobody in here isn't doing shit but basically 'thoughts and prayers'.

I'm obviously talking about actions in real life, beyond Sherdog.

I see plenty of people devoting lots of time and energy to pet adoption, finding strays, finding strays, etc. The only ones I respect are the ones that ALSO care about human issues and care more about these (there's a few out there). I don't like the ones that only worry about their doggies.

They do it with the Tigers in Thailand.

Sedate them so tourists can take pictures with them.
That's where you get the Luke Rockholding a Tigers balls picture.

I'm obviously talking about actions in real life, beyond Sherdog.

I see plenty of people devoting lots of time and energy to pet adoption, finding strays, finding strays, etc. The only ones I respect are the ones that ALSO care about human issues and care more about these (there's a few out there). I don't like the ones that only worry about their doggies.

It is a 1000 times easier to help and solve most animal problems than it is to solve human problems. You can't just go pick up stray , abused, or neglected humans. You can't just throw money at, or step into human problems like you can with animals.
And again, one of the big reasons why people put their energy into animals, and what makes crimes against animals so egregious, is because animals can't help themselves--and their problems are often caused by humans.

This is a silly argument that I see people say a lot, and it makes no sense. There aren't a bunch of people living in the forest wanting to end human civilization. Helping humans is a lot harder, because there's a lot more red tape---you have people that don't want help/won't accept it, you have corruption and misuse of funds, and there are other problems where there are no real solutions, or the political will to end them--you have institutions working against trying to solve problems.
How much money, blood, and energy has gone into places like the Middle East or Africa? And how well are they doing today?
Human problems are caused by humans.

It is a 1000 times easier to help and solve most animal problems than it is to solve human problems. You can't just go pick up stray , abused, or neglected humans. You can't just throw money at, or step into human problems like you can with animals.
And again, one of the big reasons why people put their energy into animals, and what makes crimes against animals so egregious, is because animals can't help themselves--and their problems are often caused by humans.

This is a silly argument that I see people say a lot, and it makes no sense. There aren't a bunch of people living in the forest wanting to end human civilization. Helping humans is a lot harder, because there's a lot more red tape---you have people that don't want help/won't accept it, you have corruption and misuse of funds, and there are other problems where there are no real solutions, or the political will to end them--you have institutions working against trying to solve problems.
How much money, blood, and energy has gone into places like the Middle East or Africa? And how well are they doing today?
Human problems are caused by humans.

Helping humans is hard? I think you mean, saving starving humans from death and despair the way you save a stray, hungry dog on the street is harder.

But volunteering at all sorts of organizations that give social services is extremely easy. Homeless shelters, battered women shelters, schools, churches, community centers, they all happily take volunteers. Of course, becoming politically involved also helps people. For example, help save Planned Parenthood and you improve thousands of women's lives.

Geopolitically, the tireless anti-war demonstrations certainly helped the Iraq and Afghanistan wars from being even more destructive than they were. So millions of people were probably spared thanks to this.

The help is a lot less dramatic, a lot less visible but it exists.

Back