Link or Show your fav DLR Guard to back Counter

TrumpetDan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I intend on making a counter to the DLR guard when he attempts to take your back video and I wanted to see what counters you all use to help me with my eventual video. Particularly centered around stopping somebody from taking the back.

Im trying to stay away from the short obvious one line replies like "just dont let him do it. grab his free leg so he cant swing it around." or "just turn your knee that has the DLR guard hook on it outward" type of replies. Its not so easy against guys that are really good at this. If you have a good counter, film it!

My favourite counter is shown here from 1:50 to 2:10 YouTube - De la riva guard pass bjj

I like to go as soon as possible to this "switching base" half guard pass position, as pssing HG is one of the things I do best and among the other DLR passes, this one is the higher percentage for me.

My favourite counter is shown here from 1:50 to 2:10 YouTube - De la riva guard pass bjj

I like to go as soon as possible to this "switching base" half guard pass position, as pssing HG is one of the things I do best and among the other DLR passes, this one is the higher percentage for me.

This, crossing his free leg across my body bringing my hips in and coming down tight to pass. Or just shove the X-Pass down his throat lol

Hey Dan,

I don't think this is an actual "counter" (in the conventional sense), but I know whenever I play that type of DLR (i.e. going for the back) I would walk right into leglocks with certain people (i.e. Tameem would kneebar/toehold the shit out of me).

Here's one (but it's not against the back take),

Back