• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Lindsay Graham does something good. Wants to hold Bin Salman accountable

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKCN1PD06Y

Quite surprisingly Lindsey Graham , who is a noted hawk on MidEast interventionism, is projecting a tough stance against Muhammed Bin Salman, Saudi Arabia's crown prince and defacto ruler.

U.S. Senator Graham says U.S.-Saudi cannot move on until prince "dealt with"
“The relationship between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia cannot move forward until Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is dealt with,” Graham said.

----
https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-crown-prince-shows-chilling-115244323.html

Saudi Crown Prince Shows a ‘Chilling’ Instability, Graham Says
(Bloomberg) -- Saudi Arabia’s Mohammed bin Salman has shown “a level of instability that is chilling,” and U.S. lawmakers will take action against the crown prince for his role in the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Senator Lindsey Graham said.

Sanctions are forthcoming, likely in the next few days or weeks, the Republican senator said in an interview on Saturday in Ankara, without providing any specific details on the penalties that may be imposed. “Congress will send a very clear signal to the world and Saudi Arabia that we would not be doing business as usual.”

----

Now Trump, Kushner and Pompeo are defending Bin Salman. What do Trump supporters think? Support Trump because you support pretty much anything he does, or support getting tough with Bin Salman?

So much as a huff from Trump and he'll be bent over, lubed up, and ready to drop the issue and/or fall in line with daddy.

So much as a huff from Trump and he'll be bent over, lubed up, and ready to drop the issue and/or fall in line with daddy.

If you look at comments on Breitbart, the general sentiment shows that Trumpers are supporting Bin Salman.
Why? Because daddy Trump is supporting him. These are the same people who eviscerated Obama as bending over to the Saudis, of being a secret Muslim.

If you look at comments on Breitbart, the general sentiment shows that Trumpers are supporting Bin Salman.
Why? Because daddy Trump is supporting him. These are the same people who eviscerated Obama as bending over to the Saudis, of being a secret Muslim.

I mean, I've been saying it for a while, but if there's anyone still doubting that right-wingers and American conservatives have no actual principles or beliefs and are purely emotion/fear/habit-driven reactionaries.....fuck, I don't know what could convince them.

I said a few years ago that, if the left tried to ply Trump with compliments and flattery, he could be made a communist within a few weeks because he has no actual convictions or knowledge to anchor him anywhere on the political spectrum. It's now pretty apparent that a lot of his followers, certainly the small government anti-communist types, would follow him into the red. It would just be the more overt culture war types, who would be threatened by the potential equity of communist transformation, that would not.

I'll believe it when I see it

so far the only sanctions have been against the 17 people that Saudi Arabia decided to turn into scapegoats - and the U.S. continues to supply them with weapons...

I'll believe it when I see it

so far the only sanctions have been against the 17 people that Saudi Arabia decided to turn into scapegoats - and the U.S. continues to supply them with weapons...
Re. bolded
Agree.

MBS's brother is the Saudi ambassador to the USA.

Khashoggi's journey to Turkey started with the Saudi embassy in the USA telling him that he needed to go to Turkey for the correct paperwork.

Why has the Saudi ambassador to the USA not been PNGed yet?

Oh', so once they pay for one journalist's death, they can go back to being besties? All of SA's sins are wiped clean? Pretty good deal, if you ask me.

This whole thing is so bizarre, and Graham really needs to step off the soapbox.

Oh', so once they pay for one journalist's death, they can go back to being besties? All of SA's sins are wiped clean? Pretty good deal, if you ask me.

This whole thing is so bizarre, and Graham really needs to step off the soapbox.
Re. last sentence
Why? Graham is doing a great service here, keeping this issue on the front burner, whereas Kushner and Co. wants everyone to ignore it.

Just because the US is not going to hold S.A. accountable for all their shit, doesn't mean we shouldn't try to hold them accountable for atleast some of their shit. Trump campaigned on getting tough with S.A. but his performance since the election has been anything but.

McCain is gone. Lindsey had to find a new daddy and Trump was it.

He's still a piece of shit cocksucker regardless.

Probably just more sanctions on individual fall guys

Trumpers are ok with Saudi Arabia? Show any proof of that. Fuck Saudi Arabia and isreal.

Trumpers are ok with Saudi Arabia? Show any proof of that. Fuck Saudi Arabia and isreal.
Most of the commenters on Breitbart were attacking Kashoggi, smearing him, all in a bid to make Bin Salman look good. The die hard Trump supporters aka Trumpers just support whatever Trump supports at any given time. They are not taking Trump to task for defending Bin Salman .

Donald Trump wants him to skate, so he should skate.

Graham is a loser and a hater

Graham is such a weird guy, he seemingly wants to bomb Iran and the Syria government but also seems to hate Saudi Arabia. He also shit talks Trump all the time but he also hangs out with Trump every couple months too.

Graham is such a weird guy, he seemingly wants to bomb Iran and the Syria government but also seems to hate Saudi Arabia. He also shit talks Trump all the time but he also hangs out with Trump every couple months too.

Dude needs to come out of the closet already.

Back