Linares vs. Gamboa

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Strong rumors have begun to swirl of Jorge Linares making the first defense of his lightweight title versus former featherweight champ Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Promoter Pepe Gomez confirmed negotiations were underway during a recent segment on ESPN Deportes

A lot of good fights announced lately. Gamboa probably stops him if he wasn't ruined in that Crawford fight (and I doubt he was).

Should make for some moments of excitement. Both are vulnerable, and both can punch, but I think Gamboa has more class and finesse and should be able to out box Linares on his way to a stoppage sometime from the 7th or 8th round onwards.

Sounds like a fun fight.

I like it! Two truly awesome offensive fighters with major defensive flaws and chin issues.

I thought Gamboa was going back to 130, where I feel he can do better but I like this fight though

I thought Gamboa was going back to 130, where I feel he can do better but I like this fight though

Linares himself would have been better served sticking to be 130lbs years ago. But in terms of size and styles Linares is one of the more beatable guys in or around world level at this weight.

is Linares the Venezuelan Amir Khan or is Amir Khan the british Linares ?

Linares himself would have been better served sticking to be 130lbs years ago. But in terms of size and styles Linares is one of the more beatable guys in or around world level at this weight.

If the fight were to happen Sig/Av bet? Whatever you'd prefer.

honestly, I know Gamboa lost to Crawford, but he looked good, I think he might get a career revival, at least if he stays serious. He should go back to 130, I still want to see him settle matters with Uchi.

Fun fight, I think Linares is getting stopped here. Too chinny and Gamboa is still pretty good even without his PEDs.

Good fight for Linares.

I think il area is technically better and he throws more combinations. I expect him to wear Gamboa down and stop him late, but it's a competitive fight where anything can happen. I'll watch for,sure.

I think il area is technically better and he throws more combinations. I expect him to wear Gamboa down and stop him late, but it's a competitive fight where anything can happen. I'll watch for,sure.

If El Ni

Back