Likelihood of a Ban: AR's

I've been buying a ton of Pmags lately. I already have lowers.

The writing is on the wall.

Maybe you can explain this to me, but what's the objective with having that many ARs? Forgive the lack of imagination, but I'm only seeing the use for 2 or 3 "contingencies", and maybe a throw away if the ban is of the confiscation type.

I didn’t get into guns until I joined the navy, got my first in 2012, the aurora and sandy hook happened, and all that panic happened, and I got caught up in it too.
I was already planning to buy an M1A but ended up pay $300-$400 more for it.

Since 2013 I’ve seen at least one ‘assault weapon ban’ scare per year lasting any where from a few weeks to several months.

The Dems will talk about it after every high profile shooting, especially if the shooter(s) use a scary gun like an AR or AK.

Another ban even remotely similar or the ‘94 ban is extremely unlikely as long as republicans have control of at least one part of congress.

Another ban even remotely similar or the ‘94 ban is extremely unlikely as long as republicans have control of at least one part of congress.
bet there are a lot of people who had bump stocks who thought that way. Truth of the matter is, most of the big gun bans have been passed or written by Republicans. Mitt Romney was heavily endorsed by the NRA, despite having passed a comprehensive assault on the 2nd Amendment in his state, while running against an incumbent who, at the time, had done nothing but EXPAND gun rights. the AWB was co written and sponsored by various old guard republicans like Reagan...who got the ball rolling in California as the OG of gun control when HE was governor. you gotta keep at it REGARDLESS of who is in office because as it is, most of the GOP only pay arbitrary lip service to gun rights. the NRA in particular is mostly only concerned about manufacturers

bet there are a lot of people who had bump stocks who thought that way. Truth of the matter is, most of the big gun bans have been passed or written by Republicans. Mitt Romney was heavily endorsed by the NRA, despite having passed a comprehensive assault on the 2nd Amendment in his state, while running against an incumbent who, at the time, had done nothing but EXPAND gun rights. the AWB was co written and sponsored by various old guard republicans like Reagan...who got the ball rolling in California as the OG of gun control when HE was governor. you gotta keep at it REGARDLESS of who is in office because as it is, most of the GOP only pay arbitrary lip service to gun rights. the NRA in particular is mostly only concerned about manufacturers

Honestly I don't think the nra cares about anything but their pockets. They have helped with every major piece of legislation ever written. They care more about shilling fucking coolers than making statements/awareness/fighting on red flag bs, bump stocks, Oregons new bullshit and further proposed bullshit and other states new proposed lawa. They truly live up to the not real activists negotiating rights away.

Also 100% right about gop lip service. There are very few real 2nd supports in congress, the rest is political lip service as you say and folding like a broken lawn chair when they have the power.

Lol at Trump and republicans in 16 talking about having true friends of the 2nd in power. Reciprocity, hearing protection, other nfa roll backs, etc. Nope bypass Congress to write the definition of a machine gun with forced destruction or turnover of private property, take guns 1st, due process 2nd, axing the aforementioned potential pro gun bills, etc.

Honestly I don't think the nra cares about anything but their pockets. They have helped with every major piece of legislation ever written. They care more about shilling fucking coolers than making statements/awareness/fighting on red flag bs, bump stocks, Oregons new bullshit and further proposed bullshit and other states new proposed lawa. They truly live up to the not real activists negotiating rights away.
Don't call Colion Noir or Dana Loesch out on that shit though cause they'll throw fits like the characters from Boondocks when KFC was out of chicken.

Also 100% right about gop lip service. There are very few real 2nd supports in congress, the rest is political lip service as you say and folding like a broken lawn chair when they have the power.

Lol at Trump and republicans in 16 talking about having true friends of the 2nd in power. Reciprocity, hearing protection, other nfa roll backs, etc. Nope bypass Congress to write the definition of a machine gun with forced destruction or turnover of private property, take guns 1st, due process 2nd, axing the aforementioned potential pro gun bills, etc.
Trump would trade the 2nd for his wall if a liberal offered it.

the NRA in particular is mostly only concerned about manufacturers
And only certain manufacturers too at that.

Springer, Colt, and S&W being the only ones I can think of. They don't seem to care at all about like Ruger Glock or the big AR manufacturers.

and the bump stock ban was immediately challenged in court because its blatantly an unconstitutional work around of the law.

and the bump stock ban was immediately challenged in court because its blatantly an unconstitutional work around of the law.
yeah and how did THAT go?

it went as planned because apparently you can amend the definition of things....

Bump stocks are stupid as fuck but the way those got curtailed shows you that nothing is "safe"

Don't call Colion Noir or Dana Loesch out on that shit though cause they'll throw fits like the characters from Boondocks when KFC was out of chicken.

Trump would trade the 2nd for his wall if a liberal offered it.

And only certain manufacturers too at that.

Springer, Colt, and S&W being the only ones I can think of. They don't seem to care at all about like Ruger Glock or the big AR manufacturers.
The grass is always greener...

I envy not having a group as big and influential as the NRA. The Canadian equivalent to a firearms lobby is effectively fractured into 3 major organizations with plenty of in-fighting and/or bickering between them. I have memberships in all 3, but fuck if I wish that even one of them could throw their weight around like the NRA seems to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back