Like GSP ...

GSP can kick foam heads off like it's no ones business

GSP lost the fight plain and simple
handle-the-truth.gif

Only a complete idiot as an MMA fan judges a fight based on cuts and bruises...

I guess we just need to ask, are you an idiot?

GSP lost that fight, I saw it crystal clear on SirPaul's 6GB 1080p HD version, which shitty stream were you watching?

Some scored round 1 for Hendricks, some did not. That was literally what won or lost the fight for either fighter unless you have 0 ability to be impartial.

Cam Newton was on his back like a busy prostitute last night....

Peyton clearly went for the finish last night. Bad comparison.

Manning also hired PI's but for different reasons.

Only a complete idiot as an MMA fan judges a fight based on cuts and bruises...

I guess we just need to ask, are you an idiot?
Johny Hendricks controlled the octagon more, he threw more combos and landed, denied the takedown by kneeing GSP in the face multiple times, GSP threw more jabs and thats about it. How did GSP win that fight again? I like when people go straight to name calling when they can't come up with a good argument to defend said fighter.

Johny Hendricks controlled the octagon more, he threw more combos and landed, denied the takedown by kneeing GSP in the face multiple times, GSP threw more jabs and thats about it. How did GSP win that fight again? I like when people go straight to name calling when they can't come up with a good argument to defend said fighter.

Well you see sir, I've actually read the judging criteria and while I will admit that Hendricks won 2 and 4 with a wider margin than GSP won any of his 3 rounds, we do not score 10-8 rounds liberally yet and as such, GSP wins the fight.

Based off of that little thing I'd like to call...JUDGING CRITERIA.

Lol.

So let's talk round 1 first.

Contrary to your beliefs, no Hendricks did not throw more diversity of strikes. GSP did. He also landed more strikes. And while this round was mostly judged on the feet what little credit is given to what happens on the ground also goes to GSP for both landing the take down and attempting the sub, while Johnny simply landed a take down.

Neither fighter's strikes had much if any impact on the other. Both fighters pressed each other up against the cage, but GSP landed more in the middle so he gets octagon control as well.

So I need to ask...how on earth did Hendricks win round 1?

Round 1;

Diversity in striking - GSP
number of strikes landed - GSP
Did the striking overall have impact on either fighter? - no
Ground scoring - GSP with the sub and takedown
Octagon control - GSP for controlling the center of the octagon

Last edited:
Well you see sir, I've actually read the judging criteria and while I will admit that Hendricks won 2 and 4 with a wider margin than GSP won any of his 3 rounds, we do not score 10-8 rounds liberally yet and as such, GSP wins the fight.

Based off of that little thing I'd like to call...JUDGING CRITERIA.

Lol.

So let's talk round 1 first.

Contrary to your beliefs, no Hendricks did not throw more diversity of strikes. GSP did. He also landed more strikes. And while this round was mostly judged on the feet what little credit is given to what happens on the ground also goes to GSP for both landing the take down and attempting the sub, while Johnny simply landed a take down.

Neither fighter's strikes had much if any impact on the other. Both fighters pressed each other up against the cage, but GSP landed more in the middle so he gets octagon control as well.

So I need to ask...how on earth did Hendricks win round 1?

Round 1;

Diversity in striking - GSP
number of strikes landed - GSP
Did the striking overall have impact on either fighter? - no
Ground scoring - GSP with the sub and takedown
Octagon control - GSP for controlling the center of the octagon

Thanks for not being irrational with your response. after GSP scored that takedown in the first and went for the sub it was all Hendricks on the stand up. Hendricks hit him straight on the chin with an uppercut and continued to throw uppercuts while GSP had him in the single leg. Hendricks out struck GSP in the first round, stuffed one of his takedown attempts with elbows and landed his own take down on the fence. Hendricks also threw a big knee that denied one of GSP's takedown attempts. I give the first round to Hendricks.

Thanks for not being irrational with your response. after GSP scored that takedown in the first and went for the sub it was all Hendricks on the stand up. Hendricks hit him straight on the chin with an uppercut and continued to throw uppercuts while GSP had him in the single leg. Hendricks out struck GSP in the first round, stuffed one of his takedown attempts with elbows and landed his own take down on the fence. Hendricks also threw a big knee that denied one of GSP's takedown attempts. I give the first round to Hendricks.

Hendricks did NOT out strike GSP in the first round.

Again, GSP landed more strikes, and had more diversity in his striking. It was close, but after I watched it and tallied it up...GSP does land more strikes over all.

He landed jabs, hooks, leg kicks head kicks, superman punches and elbows. Hendricks landed uppercuts, crosses and elbows. Neither fighter was phased by any strike landed.

Both fighters pressed eachother up against the cage for an equal amount of time, but GSP landed more in the center of the octagon, where Johnny's strikes landed against the cage. GSP spent his time against the cage digging for a take down.

Add the sub attempt on the ground, and GSP wins the scoring on the ground as well.

It's fairly straight forward and the judges scored it correctly.

Ok...explain why. Explain to me how Johnny won that first round. (I always love reading these)
Cool, I enjoy embarrassing nuthuggers like yourself. The funny thing is, anybody who isn't a GSP ballswinger is more than happy to explain in depth how Hendricks clearly won the first and yet nobody on GSPs side will ever go into detail about it and avoid it like the plague. Interesting.

So GSP got a great TD right at the beginning of the round. He then made a big mistake by going for a guillotine with poor technique (GSP always had very poor sub technique) and Johny was able to get up. Hendricks then proceeded to win every second of the rest of the round.

I've counted every single strike in that round several times and GSP landed 5 strikes, 3 leg kicks and 2 knees to the thigh and absolutely nothing else. Hendricks landed 31 clean, punishing strikes that all landed 2-3 times harder than GSPs. Johnys 11 huge knees to the thigh made GSPs knees look pathetic and these alone would have been enough to win the round, even without his TD at the end. But Johny did in fact go on to wobble GSP with a big uppercut (yes, he definitely wobbled 2-3 steps after getting blasted by that) and cut him open with several elbows in the clinch while also stuffing GSPs TD.

Now the most surprising thing in this round that should have removed all doubt about Johny clearly winning the round was Johny completely and utterly dominated the clinch like no one else had done before. He RAGDOLLED GSP in the clinch.

Johny was the aggressor for the entire round and landed a TD at the end which 100% canceled out GSPs TD at the beginning. This was a dominant round that GSP lost worse than any other round in his career up until then other than the first BJ fight. Live this round made everyone not sexually attracted to GSP think to themselves, "Wow! Johny came right out and clearly won that round, he's starting to outclass him! He might win the fight!"

This was not a close round at all. In fact both of the rounds that GSP won in this fight were much, much closer than the first. Nuthuggers just latched onto the first round because it was your only option even though there was never any discussion to be had about the round as it was so clear. Anyone who gives it to GSP is by definition a nuthugger who shouldn't be respected on anything MMA related. Pretty pathetic and all who try are laughed at by the vast, extreme majority of the MMA community.

I'll quote Rogan after he rewatched the round several times, "If you give GSP the first round I don't know what the fuck you're watching!"

Hendricks did NOT out strike GSP in the first round.

Again, GSP landed more strikes, and had more diversity in his striking. It was close, but after I watched it and tallied it up...GSP does land more strikes over all. He landed jabs, hooks, leg kicks head kicks, superman punches and elbows. Both fighters pressed eachother up against the cage for an equal amount of time, but GSP landed more in the center of the octagon, where Johnny's strikes landed against the cage. GSP spent his time against the cage digging for a take down.

Add the sub attempt on the ground, and GSP wins the scoring on the ground as well.

It's fairly straight forward and the judges scored it correctly.
All I remember from the first round was GSP throwing a hard leg kick and missed a bunch of body kicks and high kicks. Hendricks landed a counter right hook left straight when GSP missed his jab a couple of times. GSP also ate a big counter left straight at the end of the round after throwing a half speed leg kick. Hendricks easily won the round, he threw more significant strikes when he countered.

Cool, I enjoy embarrassing nuthuggers like yourself. The funny thing is, anybody who isn't a GSP ballswinger is more than happy to explain in depth how Hendricks clearly won the first and yet nobody on GSPs side will ever go into detail about it and avoid it like the plague. Interesting.

So GSP got a great TD right at the beginning of the round. He then made a big mistake by going for a guillotine with poor technique (GSP always had very poor sub technique) and Johny was able to get up. Hendricks then proceeded to win every second of the rest of the round.

I've counted every single strike in that round several times and GSP landed 5 strikes, 3 leg kicks and 2 knees to the thigh and absolutely nothing else. Hendricks landed 31 clean, punishing strikes that all landed 2-3 times harder than GSPs. Johnys 11 huge knees to the thigh made GSPs knees look pathetic and these alone would have been enough to win the round, even without his TD at the end. But Johny did in fact go on to wobble GSP with a big uppercut (yes, he definitely wobbled 2-3 steps after getting blasted by that) and cut him open with several elbows in the clinch while also stuffing GSPs TD.

Now the most surprising thing in this round that should have removed all doubt about Johny clearly winning the round was Johny completely and utterly dominated the clinch like no one else had done before. He RAGDOLLED GSP in the clinch.

Johny was the aggressor for the entire round and landed a TD at the end which 100% canceled out GSPs TD at the beginning. This was a dominant round that GSP lost worse than any other round in his career up until then other than the first BJ fight. Live this round made everyone not sexually attracted to GSP think to themselves, "Wow! Johny came right out and clearly won that round, he's starting to outclass him! He might win the fight!"

This was not a close round at all. In fact both of the rounds that GSP won in this fight were much, much closer than the first. Nuthuggers just latched onto the first round because it was your only option even though there was never any discussion to be had about the round as it was so clear. Anyone who gives it to GSP is by definition a nuthugger who shouldn't be respected on anything MMA related. Pretty pathetic and all who try are laughed at by the vast, extreme majority of the MMA community.

I'll quote Rogan after he rewatched the round several times, "If you give GSP the first round I don't know what the fuck you're watching!"

Well first off. You need to count strikes again. All strikes landed, and you are seriously going to suggest that GSP only landed...3 leg kicks and 2 knees to the thigh??

I really don't need to say anything else.

Come back when you've actually watched that round...

AND when you understand scoring criteria.

Difference is gsp is goat ... Manning is great, not goat ...
Manning is much, much closer to GOAT than GSP. Peyton would be closer to GSP if he stopped throwing any touchdown passes after his 5th season and only handed it off.

All I remember from the first round was GSP throwing a hard leg kick and missed a bunch of body kicks and high kicks. Hendricks landed a counter right hook left straight when GSP missed his jab a couple of times. GSP also ate a big counter left straight at the end of the round after throwing a half speed leg kick. Hendricks easily won the round, he threw more significant strikes when he countered.

Would it surprise you to learn that in MMA scoring and judging criteria...there is NO SUCH THING AS SIGNIFICANT STRIKES?

That's something MMA websites such as Sherdog came up with.

In MMA judging, all strikes are tallied up and consideration is given OVERALL to the fighter who threw more diversity in their strikes and which fighter OVERALL had more impact with their striking.

The judges scored it correctly.

GSP landed more strikes, and his strikes had more diversity. And at NO POINT did either fighter's striking have any impact on the other.

Back