Lightest gi for tall and skinny guy

chriser00

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm rather tall (6ft) and skinny (169 lbs).

I'm looking for the lightes gi possible which will fit perfectly (for competition).

Thinking about keiko summer light or vulkan ultra light. Does anybody know what is the weight of the first one ?

What sizes should fit best ?

THX for an answer

Fushida makes good slim cut gi's. I have the Fuji lightweight, Its pretty slim for me. Keiko is also a good one. OTM lightweight are kinda for the slim build.

Lightest gi available is probably a toss up between the Koral light , Vulkan light , Gameness light weight and the OTM XLC 240. I believe the XLC 240 is under 2 lbs according to what I have seen posted. That is as much as I can say towards weight.

I've got the XLC 240, I just got it, I rolled in it on Monday, it was the tits... HOWEVER, I did get the shit choked out of me with the flimsy lapel, so keep that in mind...

man just get a A2 im 6,2or6,3 and 185 and i wear a A2 because i have a slim build and hate baggy stuff so I wear a standard A2 the sleeves and pants may be a smidg short but no one says anything and ive had no probs at tournys on the length.

Id do any gi with ripstop pants they are lighter and dont swet soak.
The new Ouano comp Gis are nice and light i have two_OTM also makes a 240 gram light gi and a 450 gram light gi and both have ripstop pants.Also the Fushida light gi is nice and a good price at 95$.Or also as stated before the gameness feather with ripstop pants would work as well.I also have a nice light shoyoroll 450 gram but u cant exactly just order one of those up.

vulkan gis are horrible if you have a tall and slender build.

THX for all the answers.

Most of you reccomended korali lightweight gi.

What is the weight of this gi ?

Which size will fit for me best ?

look into the gameness feather also...its a very lite weight and strong gi! This is one of my favorite gi's in my current rotation. Im not your size, but the fit on my A4 was great after a few washes so they can be shrunk for better fit and they dont shrink much after with regular wash/hang dry

Liked mine soo much,just ordered another(different color) from Cageside after they announced they had gotten some in stock. They have them listed at the lowest price I've seen, then I found a discount code on their FB and F/S shipping...at the price I got it for it was a no brainer!

Do NOT buy a Koral Gi under any circumstance. I have the same measurements as you. Those Gis are for short fat people. It will fit like a Jedi robe on you. Do not waste your money.

for realz, I have no idea where you got the koral idea from

Back