Life is looking up!

Chum Slam

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The past few years havent been the best for me professionally or personally. I had a great job but the company folded. I was engaged and that went to shit. So after being on my own for a few years I had to move back home at the ripe old age of 28. Ive only been here a few months and its unbearable.

So I made some drastic changes in my life. I decided to concentrate on things that really matter like friends, family, what makes me happy, and being a better person, and of course BJJ. BJJ has tought me so much in the past few years. BJJ tought me to realize what matters in life, how it did that I have no idea but it just did. I got rid of my very expensive car and got an old Jeep. Got a puppy finally, after my ex kept ours. And found a nice little house in a college town. Basically slashed my monthly bills to make living easier.

I have 2 degrees and have been successful in the corporate world but realized it isnt for me. Im actually going to Manage a bar, and also bounce at a few others on my off nights. It will be a little odd since I havent done anything like that since about 7 years ago, but it will keep me happpy and plus I will be able to walk to work!

I am in a great mood everyday now and love spreading joy to other people every chance I get!

Cliffs notes
-Life was good
-Life went south fast
-Made drastic changes
-Found BJJ
-Realized what really matters
-Life is great

good to hear that you have refocused on the things that matter to you.

It sucks how we're all held to the standards of what society thinks should make us happy.

Glad things are looking up for you, but why did you make the same thread in Mayberry? And I thought you were starting a candy vending machine company? Well glad BJJ gave you a new outlook in life. It did the same for me.

There's no where else to go but UP now. Congrats. Great to hear stories that are uplifting and making people happy.

After years of trying to figure out what's up with life. I finally figured it out.

Make yourself happy!

It may sound real simple, but its really deep....

Back