LFA 6 - Junior vs. Rodriguez | San Antonio, TX (Friday, March 10th)

Bevois

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

LFA 6 - Junior vs. Rodriguez
Friday, March 10, 2017
Cowboys Dancehall
San Antonio, Texas, USA

Main Card (Televised on AXS TV at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT):

Main Event | Featherweight Bout (145 lbs)
- Rivaldo Junior, 15-6-2 (RFA vet, BJJ black belt) vs. Ray "The Judge" Rodriguez, 11-4 (Legacy FC vet, RXMMA champion)

Co-Main Event | Catchweight Bout (190 lbs)
- Eryk Anders, 6-0 (Bellator vet, University of Alabama linebacker) vs. Jon Kirk, 19-13 (LFA-Legacy FC vet)

Women's Catchweight Bout (120 lbs)
- Mackenzie Dern, 2-0 (Legacy FC vet, BJJ black belt world champion) vs. Katherine Roy, 1-0 (WSOF-GC vet, Golden Gloves boxing champion)

Heavyweight Bout (265 lbs)
- Willian Hoffmann, 8-2 (Aspera FC vet, Judo black belt) vs. Richard Odoms, 11-3 (Legacy FC-Bellator vet)

Featherweight Bout (145 lbs)
- Dimitre Ivy, 6-3 (Legacy FC vet) vs. Gleidson "Poney" Moraes Cutis, 5-2 (RFA vet, BJJ black belt)

Welterweight Bout (170 lbs)
- Anthony Ivy, 2-1 (RFA vet) vs. Arthur Ashton, 2-1 (Fury FC vet)

LFAfighting.com | LFA 6 – Junior vs. Rodriguez heads to San Antonio on Friday, March 10th

"Like" LFA on Facebook

"Follow" LFA on Twitter

Last edited:
Mian event is a little weak. But another Dern fight along with Anders makes it two big prospects to watch.

Mian event is a little weak. But another Dern fight along with Anders makes it two big prospects to watch.

There is nothing weak about it.

Last edited:
There is nothing weak about it.
Rivaldo has not won since 2013. Ray is on a solid streak but the guys he won against have a combined 44-61 record.

It is not a good main event by LFA standards.

Rivaldo has not won since 2013. Ray is on a solid streak but the guys he won against have a combined 44-61 record.

It is not a good main event by LFA standards.

LFA is doing 30 shows this year across the country. Only the UFC is doing more televised events. LFA standards are designed to develop prospects in the cities it visits. Junior and Rodriguez are the top two featherweights in San Antonio, which is where the card is taking place. Main events outside the UFC are generally geared toward the local market.

LFA is doing 30 shows this year across the country. Only the UFC is doing more televised events. LFA standards are designed to develop prospects in the cities it visits. Junior and Rodriguez are the top two featherweights in San Antonio, which is where the card is taking place.
That is fine. Does not mean that if you put the 6 main events LFA has scheduled thus far. This one comes in at dead last by a long shot. Get your doing a lot of shows. And if that means everyone isn't a banger that is fine.

Card has Dern on it. She will get people to tune in. Does not mean that the main event by all LFA standards to date is not by far the worst one booked.

I love what LFA is doing. It is a soft main event with some good fights under it. It happens.

I love what LFA is doing. It is a soft main event with some good fights under it. It happens.

People in San Antonio probably see other main events as "softer". That is why main events outside the UFC are generally geared toward the local market.

And I am speaking on behalf of the people out of the market. I am sure their teams will show up. When others come in here, can let them decide if I am right for calling it a weak main event.

You are talking from the business side. I am talking from the fight fan side. It is the weakest LFA main event by a long shot fight wise.

You are talking from the business side. I am talking from the fight fan side.

If promotions don't promote the fights that local fans (who buy the tickets) want to see, you won't have any fights to criticize on here.

If promotions don't promote the fights that markets want to see, you won't have any fights to criticize on here.
Would love to see how many tickets Rivaldo sells.

Your acting like every main event LFA has booked has been locals fighting. Literally have come into every other LFA event so far and commented how great the main is.

This one is weak. You work for the company. I get it. But I like the rest of the card. Main event, could care less about.

Would love to see how many tickets Rivaldo sells.

Your acting like every main event LFA has booked has been locals fighting. Literally have come into every other LFA event so far and commented how great the main is.

This one is weak. You work for the company. I get it. But I like the rest of the card. Main event, could care less about.

Peterson (LFA 1), Richman (LFA 2), Spann (LFA 3), Aguilar (LFA 4), Edwards (LFA 5) are all local to those markets.

Rivaldo Junior is a BJJ coach at Pete Spratt and Rodrigo Pinheiro's gym in San Antonio. He had a huge crowd at RFA 41.

Yes. I get to see Derns sexiness is person.

Sounds like a good night, go to cowboy's, watch, mma, and take home a drunk whore at the bar

You are talking from the business side. I am talking from the fight fan side.

what kind of arrogant BS is that? you don't think the people buying the actual tickets and supporting these shows are fight fans?

this card has Mackenzie Frickin Dern and Eryk Anders on it, but you are still being a whiny little baby?!

I bet if someone gave you a free car, you'd bitch about the cup holder not being shiny enough.

They are friends and family and members of the camp. Been to several and that is the majority of the people there. Obviously they are fight fans to some degree.

Literally said I was excited for Dern and Anders. The main event is weak.

To me and other fight fans who don't know them personally it is a soft main event.

"They are friends and family and members of the camp. Been to several and that is the majority of the people there. Obviously they are fight fans to some degree."

so people going to Duke basketball games are only to some degree basketball fans.

only the people at home watching the same game on TV are real basketball fans.

. . . got it. o_O

Thanks @Bevois . LFA pumping out the events this year!!! I'm excited for the Dern fight. Future champ right there.

By LFA standards, this is a dogshit card. Really poor. But, with 30 events this year, we're gonna get the odd stinker so that's alright.

By LFA standards, this is a dogshit card. Really poor. But, with 30 events this year, we're gonna get the odd stinker so that's alright.

You mean by your standards.

People that follow prospects would never use the word "dogshit" in the same sentence as these fighters.

Back