Lewis vs Gus?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have no source but I know guys I know that train with Lewis say he was offered this fight since they are planning to book Ngnannou vs Jones. Personally I think Gus gets slept.

There is approximately zero percent chance of this fight being booked.

I have no source but I know guys I know that train with Lewis say he was offered this fight since they are planning to book Ngnannou vs Jones. Personally I think Gus gets slept.

First thought was Gus would die, but Gus can probably outbox him.

I can see UFC do this, given Gus's history with Jones. And UFC gives no fucks about fair matchmaking.

Wut?
The way Gus looked in his last fights, Lewis sleeps him imo.

A lot of Heavyweights can outbox and out grapple Lewis but he still puts them to sleep

Technically, Gus is a really good boxer. I can see Gus winning this fight if it goes through. I mean, this fight is probably as difficult for Lewis as it gets. Lewis will always have puncher's chance against anybody at heavyweight. Gus probably would be better boxer than most at heavyweight.

At first I thought Lewis would dead Gus, but we will have to see. If Gus that fought against Jones shows up, Gus would have a better chance against Lewis as much as anyone at heavyweight.

I mean, like I said, UFC gives no fucks about what's fair, so I can see them putting this fight on the same card as Jones vs Ngannou.

With that said, can and will are vastly different things.

Would be fun to see Gus win that fight and become heavyweight champion against Jones.
Then get slept brutally by Ngannou in 15 secs.

Gustaffson will probably get knocked out, I think hes a bit overrated tbh he dosent have much in the toolbox besides his boxing, and Boxing with lewis is dangerous. Lewis isnt technical or that good either but he has a canon of a punch and Gustaffson probably cant avoid it for 3-5 rounds.

I really don't want to see this fight because there is a big risk Gus gets brutally KO'ed. And I especially don't want to see this fight because Gus CAN actually WIN this fight and that would send him to Ngannou, and then he would get brutally KO'ed for sure.

Please just stay retired Gus, even you know that you have had your peak.

Back