Leveled Up

Thank you.

In lieu of a gauntlet, we did about a 40 minute shark tank following the test and ceremony. Five of us got blues and two got browns. No test for the browns.

Got my blue Saturday from Professors Jared Bahr and Cliff Harris of No Coast BJJ in Urbandale, IA.

Took me two years, nine months (including three months out for two intercostals and a non-BJJ related ankle injury). I have about 360 hours total, not including open mat.

This was me soon after I started....

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/intro-for-52-year-old-newb.3209671/#post-115077769
That's a lot of hours. Are they stingy with promotions?

We do the shark tank also, but we call it the crucible. 60 for blue ,90 purple,120 brown. I like it.

Thanks guys.

There's definitely some concern with regards to quality control, but I feel pretty good with where I am. I visited my original school this week and beat up on the whites (except for the former wrestler with 30 lbs on me) and held my own with the blues.

I had about 50 hours and two stripes at Redzovic's before moving to Iowa.

Just class. There might be another 25 hours or so of seminar time on top of that .

Roger Machado and Erik Paulsen - each a couple of times
Gina Franssen a couple of times.
Chris McCune
John Gutta
Iowa BJJ summit

Congrats and stay with it. Blue belt is where most guys that drop out of BJJ tend to do so.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure I'll be good through blue - barring some type of serious injury or illness. Getting to purple belt has been my goal.

Black belt at 65? We'll see :)

Back