Level of competition in Grapplers Quest

Rotaryengine

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In the advanced division of grapplers quest vegas what do you think the skill level will look like? Any black belts? What does it say about somone who wins the advanced division of grapplers quest. Is it a big deal?

At the last GQ West in Dec., the winners/placers of the Advanced divisions were people like Go, Rader, Spangler, Pezao, Tussa, Nohara, etc.

Yes, there are black belts. It's not ADCC, but it means you're pretty damn good.

level is pretty strong, high level black belts regularly compete in the advanced divisions.

I KNOW im not gunna win but Im Extremely exited about being able to compete with high level people. Ive never rolled with a black/brown belt before.

In the advanced division of grapplers quest vegas what do you think the skill level will look like? Any black belts? What does it say about somone who wins the advanced division of grapplers quest. Is it a big deal?

if you win it definitely looks better than naga, but anyone can enter so it's not a massive deal.

there are some invitationals that not anyone can enter, those mean something win or lose.

What belt are you?

only blue but I feel ive outgrown the intermidiate division, but i dont know if im quite ready for advanced

^^^

WHere is the tournament?

If it is in an area with a large BJJ population you're gonna be facing really tough guys . . . purples browns and black belts with 10+ years of BJJ tournament experience.

Your most likely gonna get schooled

*edt*

I'm a moron I did not read the OP so well :redface: . . . vegas?

Check out some of the names of the winners in 2007 vegas, some very good players . . .Sim Go . . . Cub Swanson . . Reynaldo Duarte . . . Jeff Monson . . . Eduardo Braga . . .
http://www.grapplers.com/rated/index.cfm?template=scrn_view_results_event&eventID=4689286

I KNOW im not gunna win but Im Extremely exited about being able to compete with high level people. Ive never rolled with a black/brown belt before.

so you are a blue who is planning on competing against brown/black belts? good luck with that one buddy.

yggr

so you are a blue who is planning on competing against brown/black belts? good luck with that one buddy.

U act like its an MMA match all you have to do is tap.

But yea after this thread I think im gunna change my mind...

belts dont mean everything if he is going no-gi and good for him for challenging himself and not just going to int so he can cruise to 1st.

Good luck to anyone who is entering. My bjj instructor competed in the last one in vegas and won the advanced lightweight division. Hope he can defend that title.

Its in Vegas may 3rd.. I'll be there!!.. And we have blue and purples that tap browns regularly at tourneys. You have to look at the school.. A Brown belt in one system could easily be a black in another.

I'm traveling to Vegas and will compete at "Masters" level. That's 40 and above. They group everyone together, beginner through advanced. I'm a blue belt so wish me luck. I think I'll need it

I'd say there are some really good guys at grapplers quest. Names like tussa, holdsworth, cooper, sim go, radar were all at GQ in vegas dec 2007.

Back