Level-Change Knockouts? (Takedown Fails)

Velasquez vs Ngannou
wellwornsardoniciberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Gomi vs Gracie
1jl8Dtc.gif

Hunt vs Mir
14G44ZZ.gif

Fujita vs Overeem
giphy.gif

Lawler vs Villasenor
real9_medium.gif

This perfectly combines my love of KO's and disdain of wrestling
<{jackyeah}>
Came here to say almost the same. My love of a good KO + my disdain for mindless wrestling (I do enjoy intelligent mma wrestling). Perfect street justice. It's just the law of the MMA jungle. If you telegraph that shit, prepare to be hit.

Anderson Silva vs. Carlos Newton in Pride

Good thread topic, btw

Evil Goatee Anderson did damage.
Hansen vs Imanari

Nagashima vs Aoki

The Hansen KO was brutal. I remember the forum celebrating when Aoki got his skull caved in, especially since there was so much shit talk about once it got to the MMA round (was a mixed rules fight) that Nagashima would get tapped instantly

Mitrione vs Phil de Fries fits this to a tee. 19 seconds into the first round too.

Sorry for the shitty quality video, it’s the best I could find!

Idk if this counts, but in their first fight, Chad Mendes was trying to take Jose Aldo down at the end and when Aldo broke out of it, he ko’d Mendes right afterwards by kneeing him in the head
I think I remember seeing a breakdown of this- Chad would jab then shoot. He did so 2-3 times and then when he tried again Jose fired the knee as soon as he saw the jab

Daniel Way vs Daniel Almeida at Australian FC 10 years ago, I was there. Way was a tall kickboxer by the look of it and Almeida a grappler, he went for the takedown, Way timed the knee perfectly and dropped him and that was it.

This is from memory, it's not on Youtube, it's a bit random I suppose ha ha

Back