Let's talk about Pro Wrestler deaths

Sensational Sherri passed aged 49 from OD.
sensational-sherri-womens-champ-4.jpg

dusty_rhodes.jpg

18810a6ff378238e4c907f0a67b6289e.jpg
b7ab8c11b7300592-600x338.jpg

Last edited:
BossMan16.jpg
Boss Man passed at 41 from heart attack

0b04f-wwf_kingofthering93_crush.jpg
Crush passed at 43 from accidental drug overdose

Last edited:
It's been done to death but does anyone else get the impression that Benoit was undiagnosed on the autism spectrum. Doesn't at all excuse what happened but just one more load on that side of the boat, y'know?

Like she CHOSE to be domestically abused by Luger.
Well... she certainly had a type.

Chyna should be mentioned(don't think her name's been posted yet).

It's been done to death but does anyone else get the impression that Benoit was undiagnosed on the autism spectrum. Doesn't at all excuse what happened but just one more load on that side of the boat, y'know?

Well... she certainly had a type.

I think he had CTE. Tbh

I mean, he might have been on the spectrum anyway. But brain trauma is no joke.

I think he had CTE. Tbh

I mean, he might have been on the spectrum anyway. But brain trauma is no joke.
CTE
Marriage troubles
1st divorce tore him up
Career/finance uncertainty
Possibility that Daniel was special needs (heard a lot of talk about Fragile X Syndrome at the time but a lot of the markers weren't there.)
All huge stressors and common ones for family annihilators.

I bring up autism because lots of people, including Jericho and Sandra Toffoloni on his podcast, tell stories about Benoit not being able to process sarcasm, obsessive focus and perfectionism, and rarely connecting with people emotionally (with Eddie being a rare and important exception.)

CTE
Marriage troubles
1st divorce tore him up
Career/finance uncertainty
Possibility that Daniel was special needs (heard a lot of talk about Fragile X Syndrome at the time but a lot of the markers weren't there.)
All huge stressors and common ones for family annihilators.

I bring up autism because lots of people, including Jericho and Sandra Toffoloni on his podcast, tell stories about Benoit not being able to process sarcasm, obsessive focus and perfectionism, and rarely connecting with people emotionally (with Eddie being a rare and important exception.)
He was definitely on the spectrum. Guy had the charisma of wallpaper. Hell of a worker though.

It's weird because my dad's favorite wrestler was Kerry Von Erich, I was a Bret Hart mark and both families are like the prime example of wrestling life tragedy. I imagine that even if you're incredibly passionate about the business it's still a very tough life. Fame and fortune (for some) sure but being away from your family and constantly banged up while having to remain in top physical shape and under the constant scrutiny of the fans, the boys and the boss sounds like a hard life.

Back