Let's talk about Mark Hunt..

He KNEW beforehand that Brock was roided. Why act like a tough guy and say you'll fight him anyway if he's just going to cry after and act like he didn't know?

Yes he knew. Yes, he thought wrong that he could take on a roided Brock. Yes, he got beat. Yes, he's now salty about it.

But still, Hunt has a point: Brock cheated.

He has every right to bitch.
He's bitching a bit much, but it's his right.
They're going in there to crack skulls and he doesn't want to be risking his health against a cheater.
didnt seem to mind pre-fight lol

Yes he knew. Yes, he thought wrong that he could take on a roided Brock. Yes, he got beat. Yes, he's now salty about it.

But still, Hunt has a point: Brock cheated.
He does, and he should get some of Brocks purse and the win should be overturned. But he shouldn't be bitching so much about something he told ppl he already knew about

Well - ask yourself this - would Hunt be acting like this if he won the fight?

This argument has been used quite a bit now on these forums and I think it's quite unfair. We are expecting someone too act the way we want them to act, but in all honesty, this is a common and albeit natural way most of us would react. Yes, he is taking things a little over the top. Yes, he is and has been complaining nonstop lately and has been a little annoying.

But to expect a person to not complain when he loses, especially an athlete and a fighter who is, in my opinion, nearing the tail end of his career is I think a tad bit hypocritical. Of course he didn't complain when he won against fighters that popped for PEDs, there's nothing to complain about. He won.

We've seen Mark take losses before, and we've seen him take it quite well. But this fight was the biggest in his UFC career against arguably one of the biggest draws in the UFC. A win would have been absolutely huge.

He does, and he should get some of Brocks purse and the win should be overturned. But he shouldn't be bitching so much about something he told ppl he already knew about

Him bitching so much has led to news headlines, including Fox News, and people talking about him nonstop.

Perhaps he's onto something here... the man has maybe a couple of fight years left... make a big splash... make the most of it... you've earned it...

good on you, mate

didnt seem to mind pre-fight lol
Exactly. Only after getting his ass beat. If Hunt had won that fight he'd be all "I've fought cheaters my whole life and knocked out Lesnar like the rest of them" blah blah. He knew about Brock, he's just pissed he got his fucking ass kicked

Exactly. Only after getting his ass beat. If Hunt had won that fight he'd be all "I've fought cheaters my whole life and knocked out Lesnar like the rest of them" blah blah. He knew about Brock, he's just pissed he got his fucking ass kicked

Basically, this.

Usually it isn't so hopelessly obvious as this but on this occasion it's all quite embarrassing.

I get the point - Brock was juicing (shocker). But calling the UFC "a scummy company" and all that other nonsense is totally OTT and an outburst that seems to stem from his loss as much as anything esle.

I'm still surprised this is the first time anybody noticed Hunto ranting at trolls on social media. Dude had a gay bear spamming him with nude selfies not that long ago. Or there was the time some group kept posting fat guy memes non stop when he was cutting weight for the Werdum fight.

If there was no exemption, the fight couldn't have happened.

Great job Captain Obvious.

For your next job how about you tell us the sky is blue.

Great job Captain Obvious.

For your next job how about you tell us the sky is blue.

A bit slow on the response but..

My point was - since the exemption was essential for the fight to happen then Hunt taking the flight meant he was complicit with this beforehand. So crying about it after losing is weak sauce.

Capish?

Will someone please manage his social media accounts for him. It's like Jon Jones, and driving

A bit slow on the response but..

My point was - since the exemption was essential for the fight to happen then Hunt taking the flight meant he was complicit with this beforehand. So crying about it after losing is weak sauce.

Capish?

Actually, no.

It's clear that Lesnar had been in communication with the UFC for a long time prior to the fight being announced. They should have followed the correct protocol & registered Lesnar with USADA when he arranged his temporary release from the WWE (possibly a year ago). The UFC knew Lesnar was juicing so they strategically timed the announcement of the fight & used the exemption to their advantage (& then fired Ariel for almost compromising the situation by announcing it too early).

Hunt accepted the loss (announced it on social media) but not the double-standard shown by the UFC. Basically his employer was complicit in setting up a dishonest deal that compromised him.

Actually, no.

It's clear that Lesnar had been in communication with the UFC for a long time prior to the fight being announced. They should have followed the correct protocol & registered Lesnar with USADA when he arranged his temporary release from the WWE (possibly a year ago). The UFC knew Lesnar was juicing so they strategically timed the announcement of the fight & used the exemption to their advantage (& then fired Ariel for almost compromising the situation by announcing it too early).

Hunt accepted the loss (announced it on social media) but not the double-standard shown by the UFC. Basically his employer was complicit in setting up a dishonest deal that compromised him.

You miss the point though.

Even if what you say is true (debatable, although i would say the UFC turned a blind eye rather than "knew he was juicing"), and the UFC did set up "a dishonest deal", Hunt knew about it. Hunt accepted the fight. He accepted the terms of engagement. If i accept a deal and take a risk and end up losing out i don't compain afterwards.

The irony here is that Hunt was a part of the "dodgy deal" and knew full well what he was doing.. He signed to fight him! He wants the ufc 200 PPV points and wanted to knock Lesanr's head off. If that plan worked out he would have been more than happy.

Conclusion remains the same - Hunt forfeited a major amount of his right to complain after the fact when he signed for the fight on the terms that he did. Everyone knew already so why act the yellow man when it goes wrong?

Double standards all round really!

He was mainly butthurt he got tooled by a fake wrestler. He knows damn well the whole HW division is juiced

So Hunt cant complain about cheating because he accused his opponent of cheating before the fight?

I've mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago and I'll mention it again here: We're being too hypocritical. Hunt is a fighter, and like all fighters, he has trained and dedicated years of his life to be successful at his profession. If he won, would he have complained? He most likely would not have made a sound. He would have probably basked in the glory had he won the fight against Lesnar. Unfortunately though, he didn't and he lost. And if we are to remain perfectly honest to ourselves, if we were in Mark's shoes, would we not do the same?

We are trying to make fighters behave in a certain way we want them to and I honestly think that's ridiculous. To be fair though, Mark Hunt is doing more harm than good the way he's complaining, it's not the frequency but rather how he's doing it. But that's him, that's Mark Hunt.

Back