Lets Share Your Personal Boxing Experience Here

Noah Elly

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Lets share our real boxing stitches experience

Got punched in the face once for not having any smokes, does that count?

How about we discuss it in the boxing, or stand up technique forums?

Edit: And here we are!

Last edited:
Have a friend who boxed at the 2013 Indiana Golden Gloves. He got 2nd place to a guy much more experienced than him. Opponent was a pure boxer type of course. Think Mayweather vs De la hoya or Condit vs Diaz. Friend even knocked him down once. The return "knockdown" that the opponent did on my friend was actually a slip. Translation: my friend woulda WHOOPED the guy in a real fight.

I went to friend's gym a few times. Prior to this I watched a lot of boxing and MMA videos on YouTube. Tested them on my 5'9" 195 lb brother. Was legit. I am barely 5'3" if that.

My friend weighs about 160 walking. I weigh 134 walking. I did pads and bags and finally sparred with him and his younger sister. Younger sister is 18, lean, and about 115 lbs.
I destroy her.
His turn....he beats me. But only cause he had formal training.

Started off with Mike Tysons punch out. Never could win the gold. That Tyson had a 1 hitta quitta. Then moved on to Evander Holyfields boxing. Boxed a bunch of weird green and alien looking dudes. Eventually did beat him for my 1st taste of gold. Then had a long championship reign on all the Fight Nights that came out. Overall I'd say I've had a pretty solid, HOF career.

Started off with Mike Tysons punch out. Never could win the gold. That Tyson had a 1 hitta quitta. Then moved on to Evander Holyfields boxing. Boxed a bunch of weird green and alien looking dudes. Eventually did beat him for my 1st taste of gold. Then had a long championship reign on all the Fight Nights that came out. Overall I'd say I've had a pretty solid, HOF career.
which was the game with afro thunder. i got belts in that one and 2 of the fight nights. then i swapped to mma.....games. i swapped to mma games

Have a friend who boxed at the 2013 Indiana Golden Gloves. He got 2nd place to a guy much more experienced than him. Opponent was a pure boxer type of course. Think Mayweather vs De la hoya or Condit vs Diaz. Friend even knocked him down once. The return "knockdown" that the opponent did on my friend was actually a slip. Translation: my friend woulda WHOOPED the guy in a real fight.

I went to friend's gym a few times. Prior to this I watched a lot of boxing and MMA videos on YouTube. Tested them on my 5'9" 195 lb brother. Was legit. I am barely 5'3" if that.

My friend weighs about 160 walking. I weigh 134 walking. I did pads and bags and finally sparred with him and his younger sister. Younger sister is 18, lean, and about 115 lbs.
I destroy her.
you got lucky. she slipped but it was counted as a knockdown. Translation.......she would whoop your ass in a real fight

I was at a boxing gym for 3 years but was a fat lazy bastard who was to lazy to cut down to middleweight so I didn't compete.

I destroy her.
I'd ask what the fuck you're doing practicing MMA on your friends little sister but I don't want to know.

I'd ask what the fuck you're doing practicing MMA on your friends little sister but I don't want to know.

Lol. It was just boxing when we all went to the gym together. She cant stand with me that's for sure.

I can only comment on my area but-
I find backstage boxing has a lot more mean muggin than MMA and MT. A lot more regular events mean that everyone's sizing everyone up. I found that there's a lot more plastic gangsters at boxing events too. MT tend to be more respectful, but way less organized. MMA is somewhere inbetween

I can only comment on my area but-
I find backstage boxing has a lot more mean muggin than MMA and MT. A lot more regular events mean that everyone's sizing everyone up. I found that there's a lot more plastic gangsters at boxing events too. MT tend to be more respectful, but way less organized. MMA is somewhere inbetween

I have no personal experience on that matter but I think it depends on where you're from. I get the sense that in Eastern Europe for example there are a lot of hools and other shady people involved in MMA.
In the US it seems more professional as MMA is bigger there and since even at smaller events there are more real athletes there because of the wrestling culuture.

And kickboxing/MT in the Netherlands at least in the past had a bad image because of biker gangs and even today there are guys like Hari and Gerges who not only themselves have done dumb shit but have connections to much more questionable people

today i was taking a break against the wall. some newbie was passing by, saying hi. I put my glove out for a fist bump, and he put his hand out to shake. he didnt know what to do, so he just squeezed the glove like a hamburger, then left.

more tomorrow

I train MT and don't really do too much boxing only sparring.

When I went to Thailand, did a couple of friendly rounds with Vahid Roshani. Dude terrified me, even though he was going easy on me lol. Don't think I'll ever post those vids haha.

He fought Sudsakorn in Thai Fight so he's definitely way above my hobbyist level:

Did some MT sparring with another pro while I was there and felt way more comfortable...guess I should work on my hands more.

today i was taking a break against the wall. some newbie was passing by, saying hi. I put my glove out for a fist bump, and he put his hand out to shake. he didnt know what to do, so he just squeezed the glove like a hamburger, then left.

more tomorrow

Squeezed it like a hamburger lol!

more tomorrow

As a white guy in a gym full of black dudes and Hispanics, this happens to me all the time.

I was at my local boxing gym and there were some weird dudes hanging around. I thought "eh, druggies" and just went about my day. It's not uncommon to see stoners hanging around my area and their usually pretty harmless, usually just 14 year olds trying to look hard while simultaneously trying to make sure their mum doesn't know they do weed.

So anyway these kids approach me and their like "man, you wanna buy some weed". I'm like "I'm good" and walk in and they start shouting "m8, i'll merk u". So I do my boxing class, come out pretty tired and those same kids are there.

One of them gives me a shove, so I push him back and tell him to back off, I start walking off. Then this little shit jumps and smacks me in the back of the head, so I think "that's it, it's on."

So I decide in that moment to use my boxing skills on them, I throw punches at their faces but they miss and the kids grab me. So I instinctively go and grab a wristlock, given my sambo training. BUT SILLY ME, I left my boxing gloves on, so now I can't grab them and my punches aren't landing.

But then I remember what Steven Seagal told me all those years ago:
"Do a front kick"

So without a moments delay, I jumped into the air and performed what can only be described as the perfect front kick to the face. My first oppnent fell, and I let out a furious battle cry, it sounded a bit like this:

"WOAHPOOWWWWWWWW"

All my other attackers fled, crying.

So what I'm trying to say, is that boxing doesn't work on the streets and Steven Seagal saved my life.

photo.jpg

Completely legit story.

I have my 6th professional bout scheduled in a couple months from now

Trained casually for 11 months (sparring on and off) Became a late minute add to an amateur card. Fought an exhibition match on it so that gave me about three and a half weeks to train (the rest had about 2 months notice). I put myself into a camp of sorts (clean eating, training 5 times a week, three of those times week was pretty intense sparring, a couple times other gyms brought their fighters to our gym and got some good work in against them). They don't score exhibitions but it was same rules as an amateur match. I was proud of my performance. Even got a knockdown with a jab at the end of the first round. Felt great!

That kind of monastic, self-sacrifice I am not willing to duplicate. Honestly, I'm a glutton. I'm glad that moment surfaced when it did and I was able to try my hand at boxing in a ring in front of a crowd of hundreds. The stars were truly in alignment because I'm usually too busy to put together a rigorous training regimen like that. Whatever questions I might have had got answered that night. I admit I was miserable while training (feeling on cloud nine after a good night of sparring was great though) though the exhibition fight was freaking awesome.

One more item crossed off the bucketlist!

I still train casually and love watching every time it is on. Worth it but not a lifestyle choice that works for me.

tl;dr:. Didn't have fun training, had fun fighting. Proud. One more off the bucketlist.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back