• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's settle it what is the Best Comic book movie?

best comic book movie of all-time according to teh berry.

• Total voters

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or your top five (eat a dick horse style) For my money it's Days of Future Past. it stayed true to the source material. a graphic novel I've read in my youth many times. what artistic reimagining they did do was great imo. esp the super Sentinels.

2.Batman Begins. It's the best Origin Story I've seen.

3.The Winter Soldier. the lack of CGI really upped the rewatchability of TWS.

4.Howard the Duck. a blast from the eighties HTD is awesome. esp the cross species love making

5..The Avengers. great action, pacing, Hiddleson or Loki was awesome, Thor V Hulk was great.

Hon mentions.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Ironman, Super man quest for peace, Superman V Batman, Deadpool

thoughts?

Last edited:
This reads like when I pop into GOAT discussions in the Heavyweights and put Cole Konrad in my P4P GOAT top 5 in MMA history to see what happens.

Batman v Superman? Howard the Duck? Superman 4?

Most suck. But man I am so sick of origin stories. How many times are we gonna see Peter Parker get bit by a fucking spider?

This reads like when I pop into GOAT discussions in the Heavyweights and put Cole Konrad in my P4P GOAT top 5 in MMA history to see what happens.

Batman v Superman? Howard the Duck? Superman 4?

Howard the duck was the first really good comic book movie

Still...

Greatest-Superhero-Films-The-Dark-Knight.jpg

-Harvey-Dent-Two-Face-The-Dark-Knight-Screencaps-harvey-dent-13409515-1266-536.jpg

RIB9JF3.gif

4297118-4189443016-TheDa.gif

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

deadpool,adult film,plenty of sex and violence plus humour.

X Men 2, Deadpool, The Watchmen, The Dark Knight, Sin City

The marvel movies are pretty overrated. Cookie cutter, studio produced homogenized crap, with stock villains, boring plots (except Winter Soldier) and to much CGI space lasers.

You mean "superhero" or "based on a comic/graphic novel?"

If its the latter I would say most of the best aren't actually superhero films, stuff as diverse as Akira, A History of Violence and Blue is the Warmest Colour were all adapted from comics/graphic novels.

For superhero films my favours would be The Dark Knight and Watchmen, honestly I'm still a bit mystifed that Zack Snyder came up with the latter somehow even with excellent source material.

Last edited:

The marvel movies are pretty overrated. Cookie cutter, studio produced homogenized crap, with stock villains, boring plots (except Winter Soldier) and to much CGI space lasers.

Watchmen....i'll allow it. the old fashion action scenes mixed with the CGI was masterfully done imo. however the rewatchability isn't that high imo

deadpool,adult film,plenty of sex and violence plus humour.

Deadpool was far better than Logan or old man Logan or whatever that was supposed to be. I've watched Deadpool 5 times aleady....I probably wont give Logan a second viewing

Watchmen....i'll allow it. the old fashion action scenes mixed with the CGI was masterfully done imo. however the rewatchability isn't that high imo

You talk about staying faithful to the source material, that's what the Watchmen did. Other then changing the dumb ending of the book which was an actual good change.

X 2 was solid...but as far as all of the Mutant Movies It has to be Days of Future past. the only critique maybe a lil too much dialogue and pacing (maybe) but the performances, Quiksilver, and the set pieces were A+ also as good as a stage and film actor that Hugh jackman is he was owned in literally every scene by Mcavoy and Fassbender. also the chemistry between Fassbender, and Mcavoy was Oscar worthy imho. those two are simply great when it comes to portraying comic book types the only other actor that comes close is.

Hiddleson's Loki.

X 2 was solid...but as far as all of the Mutant Movies It has to be Days of Future past. the only critique maybe a lil too much dialogue and pacing (maybe) but the performances, Quiksilver, and the set pieces were A+ also as good as a stage and film actor that Hugh jackman is he was owned in literally every scene by Mcavoy and Fassbender. also the chemistry between Fassbender, and Mcavoy was Oscar worthy imho. those two are simply great when it comes to portraying comic book types the only other actor that comes close is.

Hiddleson's Loki.

Yeah I'd tend to agree there, X2 was certainly very good and really helped create a lot of the formula that we've seen reused so much in superhero films down the years but I think SInger really perfected it with Days of Future Past and arguably had an even stronger cast, helped as you say by making Xavier and Magento lead characters rather than supporting roles.

Back