Lets Just say..

SwooshLife

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Lets just say Hector Lombard is really as good as all of his hype was, and from now on out he starts beating on everyone and living up to all of his expectations. What are his chances against Anderson Silva? is there any way he could win that fight? .. we are talking about the greatest fighter of all time so in my opinion Lombard gets slept in round 1, i just wanna hear what you guys have to say

He'll have to utilize his Judo.

Doubt he can impose his will for 5 rounds. Them muscles will get tired at some point and then Anderson will be unleashed.

he gets schooled like every other fighter.

I agree with the first post. but im pretty positive he will get a title shot, given time. I cant see anyone finishing him besides Anderson..
would be crazy if he just KTFO'd Anderson though... sherdog would implode

Anderson will literally ninja his ass. Hector is awesome but there are a few guys in the division I don't see him getting by.

anderson and his camp will just claim he's not a big enough name for them.

hypothetically if the fight happened, lombard would do what chael did, only lombard actually has some power in his strikes. he's also a threat to get a sub, so i don't see how silva survives.

I think with a decent sprawl, circling, a jab, and low kicks, the better MW's can outpoint him consistently.

Lombard has fast hands & power, but AS makes everyone look like an amateur, and this wouldn't be any different. Vitor had fast hands and power too.

Ease en route to 1ST round TKO for Anderson if this fight ever happens

The real question is, who does Lombard need to lose to to get the title shot?

Lets just say Hector Lombard is really as good as all of his hype was, and from now on out he starts beating on everyone and living up to all of his expectations. What are his chances against Anderson Silva? is there any way he could win that fight? .. we are talking about the greatest fighter of all time so in my opinion Lombard gets slept in round 1, i just wanna hear what you guys have to say

I werent impressed by him in the palhares fight ,you put him against some one with good hands and he would of gotten destroyed ,palhares was just circling doing inside leg kicks,imagine silva with his head movement and hands he would destroy him standing up

bad fight for lombard, likes to walk guys down, anderson likes guys who try to walk him down. its like the perfect fight for anderson except for hectors power. but good luck landing solidly on silva

hes got a punchers chance. Which is to say no chance. Anderson toys with him & when he feels like, james irvin's hector

He has basically no chance against Silva. He gihts very wild and wings his punches putting everything has has in his strikes. Silva would have no problem at all countering him and knocking him out very quickly.

He's good and people under estimated how tough of a matchup Timmy was.

I want to see Lombard vs Weidman. Winner gets Silva. I don't really care about Lombard vs Bisping.

You dont beat Silva on the feet, you can beat him on the ground. Very few can strike with Silva, Lombard could knock out Silva, I dont doubt that but Silva is very fast. He is too fast for a fighter Like vitor, he will be too fast for Lombard on the feet.

You beat Silva with wrestling/grappling or possibly a mixture of both. I dont think Hector can outstrike Silva, but he can make it a war with Silva and take it to the ground.

Last edited:
Back