• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets get something straight

So you mean two guys fought eachother in two different fights?

So because two elite fighters came in on short notice, and moving up in weight.

We should expect both of those fights to play out the same way? That is what you’re saying, right?

Over simplification and you know it...

Dont forget the two guys they fought moving up had full camps ...and the size advantage...

Everything was on their side and the fact Khamzat basically almost fumbled it ...speaks volumes about him IMO...

I go by what i see when it comes to fighters... Faith is for Sunday mornings at Church

Name one fighter who had an easy fight and manhandled Kamaru ever. Wtf are you expecting, someone like Kamaru to easily go away? Going toe to toe AND WINNING with guys like Kamaru and Gilbert is not a derailment.

Also, what’s the big deal going up a weight class on a short notice, are you saying it would be easier to cut more? And not like Kamaru is a guy who smokes weed and eats MCD like Paddy when not in a camp.

I give Usman a lot of credit for making it hard for Khamzat to finish him in Round 1 -- even on short notice.

Khamzat looked solid with handling Usman in Round 1, but looked lost trying to finish him -- that was disappointing.

Dont forget the two guys they fought moving up had full camps ...and the size advantage...

Everything was on their side and the fact Khamzat basically almost fumbled it ...speaks volumes about him IMO...

I go by what i see when it comes to fighters... Faith is for Sunday mornings at Church
Yes, one demonstrated his dominance with a much better performance. The other flailed. Performance matters.

Its a perfect example...

Two guys from a lower weight class of championship level went up in weight on 11 days notice ...

One guy didnt last 2 mins the other pretty much could have won ...the only difference being their opponent...

Islam is clearly who he says he is... Khamzat...not so much IMHO
Islam beat Volk because of technique and skill not because Volk didn’t have a training camp. Volk without a training camp should’ve still lasted longer than 2 minutes, everyone was talking about making him the GOAT just yesterday lol, he shouldn’t need a training camp to last longer than a round, especially with how close the last fight was. Islam just leveled up, Volk probably would’ve gotten beat bad even if he had a full camp.

Islam beat Volk because of technique and skill not because Volk didn’t have a training camp. Volk without a training camp should’ve still lasted longer than 2 minutes, everyone was talking about making him the GOAT just yesterday lol, he shouldn’t need a training camp to last longer than a round.

Thats just nuts... considering full camp Volk took Islam 5 rounds ...

It clearly made a difference...that can not be argued thats just facts with evidence...

They should just cancel bouts when one fighter pulls out, I am sick if short notice excuses.

Why compare the 2 fights, and 4 fighters, then?

Facts are not oversimplifying reality. They clarify it.

Bisping won a UFC title on 10 days notice. Against a guy that finished him a few fight’s early. He did not change weight classes. But it did happen.

What about Nate moving up to WW for the first Conor fight because of short notice? He had fought in the WW division before. But his previous several fights were at LW, iirc.

Conor was at the time a current UFC champion. Who was scheduled to fight at LW to challenge RDA.

Yet Cabo Nate finished him in 2.

Why did all of those fights turn out differently?

It’s almost like they were all different fights.

Khamzat has struggled badly against the only 2 top fighters he's faced. First got repeatedly planked by former lightweight Burns.

Usman would have won tonight on 12 day's notice, without a camp, if the fight was a 5 rounder like title eliminators are supposed to be. This despite Usman admitting his self belief is shot, so a no confidence, no training camp Usman just took it to Sherdog's golden boy.

Should have been a draw, there's even an argument Usman won 29-28 because there's no way anybody except Alexa Grasso thinks that first round was a 10-8.

Tl;dr- if Khamzat is supposed to be this all powerful, 3 weight world champion GOAT candidate, then tonight should be an embarrassment. DDP should get the next title shot and Khamzat should have to face full camp usman for 25 minutes.
That first round was clearly a 10-8, he took him down, took his back, punched him over and over and over

I thought this was gonna be about Peyronie.
Feeling disappointed and kinda bent out of shape TS.

I like everyone taking him at his word that he 'broke his wrist' lol

This is gonna end up as the new Anthony Pettis "I broke my hand"

I agree khamzat has essentially been striking checked and most likely had a significant weight advantage over usman in a fight that should have been a draw, but islam didn’t have a massive weight advantage. Islam weighs 176. Volk was very likely 170 in this fight. That’s a 3.5 percent weight difference. Not very significant

Usman got ragdolled in 1st.

Khamzat had his adrenaline dump and was probably feeling that fractured wrist pretty good in 2nd and 3rd.

It's not like Usman was putting on an equal clinic that Khamzat did in the 1st.
I've had a two year adrenaline dump.

Theres alot of cope in there brother...you know this..

Khamzat hasnt been a WW in a long time lol ...

And Nope Usman isnt no GM3...like i said this fight did more for Usman's Career then Khamzat
Well, except....Usman 0-3
And....Khamzhat is undefeated.
And....Khamzhat gets the title shot.
So if you want to say that taking the L and the other guy getting the title shot is good for his career....

While Chimaev is clearly the bigger guy, he is also a WW moving up himself, sure his wasnt a short notice move and before that he had a tune up at 180lbs, was he supposed to run over Usman? Sure, but he still won imo, Usman is no GM3.

Khamzat hasn't made WW in 1.5 years

Why compare the 2 fights, and 4 fighters, then?

Facts are not oversimplifying reality. They clarify it.

Bisping won a UFC title on 10 days notice. Against a guy that finished him a few fight’s early. He did not change weight classes. But it did happen.

What about Nate moving up to WW for the first Conor fight because of short notice? He had fought in the WW division before. But his previous several fights were at LW, iirc.

Conor was at the time a current UFC champion. Who was scheduled to fight at LW to challenge RDA.

Yet Cabo Nate finished him in 2.

Why did all of those fights turn out differently?

It’s almost like they were all different fights.

These are all match ups that don't equate to the same thing ...

If your gunna compare compare accurately...

Thats just nuts... considering full camp Volk took Islam 5 rounds ...

It clearly made a difference...that can not be argued thats just facts with evidence...
Big difference was Makhachev was in better shape and had more than 12hrs to rehydrate. Volkanovski by all accounts is a professional, from his own mouth he has said he’s always shape, always training.

Makhachev will never get his dues no matter what he does, Volkanovski stepped up and had confidence in himself winning this fight, Makhachev just showed who was the better fighter even if Volkanovski had training camp, given the location and the amount of time to rehydrate I think Makhachev still would have won albeit later in the fight in the 3rd.

Back