Let's discuss the potential Rogan Curse, shall we?

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know of the Frank Mir Curse and the dreaded EA Curse. But what of the Joe Rogan curse? Some think it began only recently, after Rogan began to seriously go full you know what with his praise of Ronda Rousey following her knockout of Correia... which of course led to Rousey's knockout loss to Holly Holm.

But I believe it began allllll the way back in 2009 with the glorious Machida Era. Rogan declared that we were all entering the Machida Era after Lyoto knocked out Rashad Evans and we all know that Machida's career was downhill from there, not immediately and steeply but downhill indeed.

Do you believe that the dreaded Rogan Curse has now descended upon Sherdog's darling, Conor McGregor?

I believe there are a lot of very unfortunate - for McGregor fans - conclusions to be drawn from that particular video and from past Rogan curse incantations. For example:

"Welcome to the Machida Era." "...People will look back on the Conor McGregor era and..."

"Once in a lifetime doesn't apply to Ronda Rousey. It's once EVER, in human history.." "...Conor McGregor is a different kind of human being. There's literally never been a guy like him before.."

In human history perhaps?

I suppose that Nate Diaz will be the judge of that. And not only is McGregor now susceptible to the Rogan curse, but he has become susceptible to the EA Curse.

McG is a once in a billion years, one in 7 billion people Godly GOAT of eternity

Sooner or later all fighters lose. There are no curses, fighters get praised when they are on a nice win streak and then they eventually lose. I´ts just that some fighters do it in a more spectacular, never before seen fashion, so when they lose the praise looks more like a curse.

Connor has lost before, and will lose again before he hangs them up, just a matter of time and right opponent.

Rogan's turing into Gollum.

Rogan's the real GOAT in MMA. Taking down all these pussies without stepping in the cage.

Joe just wants to place himself in a position where it looks like he knew all along how great so and so was, it goes along with his fake tough guy image.

As soon as they lose he develops amnesia as far as his hype goes.

Would make a great sherdogger.

Sooner or later all fighters lose. There are no curses, fighters get praised when they are on a nice win streak and then they eventually lose. I´ts just that some fighters do it in a more spectacular, never before seen fashion, so when they lose the praise looks more like a curse.

Connor has lost before, and will lose again before he hangs them up, just a matter of time and right opponent.

Don't be so tedious. Everyone already knows that.

Joe just wants to place himself in a position where it looks like he knew all along how great so and so was, it goes along with his fake tough guy image.

As soon as they lose he develops amnesia as far as his hype goes.

Would make a great sherdogger.
I bet he has an account

A curse huh, yea ok sure............................. credibility = 0

I'll take a look at this so called curse tomorrow.

McG is a once in a billion years, one in 7 billion people Godly GOAT of eternity

Omniversal talent. 1 in six billion trillion gazillion googleplex talent out of all species in all canon, non-canon, retcon timelines in all multiverses.

Joe Rogan always goes over the top hyping fighters. It's some sort of verbal diarrhea he has. Then, after the fighter gets beat he ends up looking like a fool. The comments he made about Ronda were hilarious.

Back