Let's discuss Patriot Games (1992)

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Given the scenario at the beginning of the movie it is a bit of a stretch for me the way Ryan was treated afterward and in the courtroom. He should have been getting hailed as a hero for intercepting a shooting and rescuing a British family from masked shooters. I do not think it is too much to ask to offer Ryan a little gratitude and respect for his quick actions. All & all, it is still a good movie.

Last edited:
This has been keeping me awake at night since 1992.

Finally it is being addressed.

I always get this movie confused with clear and present danger, they're both great movies.

I always get this movie confused with clear and present danger, they're both great movies.

IMO Patriot Games is better. C&PD is much cheesier in certain parts.

That's pretty fucking awesome when Jack Ryan is somewhere between your third and fifth most iconic character.

cb5624030aa03ddd22e49c9e1b4542ce.jpg

Given the scenario at the beginning of the movie it is a bit of a stretch for me the way Ryan was treated afterward and in the courtroom. He should have been getting hailed as a hero for intercepting a shooting and rescuing a British family from masked shooters. I do not think it is too much to ask to offer Ryan a little gratitude and respect for his quick actions. All & all, it is still a good movie.
Why has this been edited?

Poor show TS

I think I watched this a few years ago, but I can't remember much about it.

He was told he was going to be given a knighthood or something just before he went in to give evidence. If you are talking about the way the defence questioned him, well that's their job isn't it.

I remember liking C&PD more than Patriot Games. Both are quality films though.

One of the better adaptations of Clancy to film, along with Red October. I much prefer the book, though.

Back