Let Us Discuss This Typical Messed Up MMA Logic

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DC says that he should be GOAT if he beats Stipe. So, isn't this essentially saying that, if he beats Stipe, he is better than Cain Valazques?

So, how can he be GOAT (given a victory over Stipe), if he doesn't face Cain Valazques, if the opportunity presented itself?

Sports is not about saying things just for the sake of saying them. It is about saying things, and then proving them true, by realizing them.

We can all say, "I am GOAT," without proof, it means nothing. LOL

why would he have to beat cain? someone can't be GOAT if they refuse to fight their friend?

cain isn't even close to HW GOAT, if that's what you're implying.

dunno what you're on about tbh.

why would he have to beat cain?

cain isn't even close to HW GOAT.
To some people, he is, and if he isn't, it is because unfortunate injuries. People in the MMA community, believe Healthy Sea Level Cain is not only the best HW, but P4P the best fighter, period.

If Cain is healthy, and you have the opportunity to fight him, you should, because his name validates a GOAT career.

To some people, he is, and if he isn't, it is because unfortunate injuries. People in the MMA community, believe Healthy Sea Level Cain is not only the best HW, but P4P the best fighter, period.

If Cain is healthy, and you have the opportunity to fight him, you should, because his name validates a GOAT career.
well those people need to be shot lmao.

real cute.

aren't u the guy that claimed eddie alvarez wasn't a killer lightweight and shitted on him for his accomplishments by calling him an accidental champion, and voted for Justin Gaethje to kick his ass and surprisingly disappeared when the fight happened? my point is let people think what they want damn!!!

aren't u the guy that claimed eddie alvarez wasn't a killer lightweight and shitted on him for his accomplishments by calling him an accidental champion, and voted for Justin Gaethje to kick his ass and surprisingly disappeared when the fight happened? my point is let people think what they want damn!!!
(1) I still believe that Eddie Alvarez is only a 4-2-1(NC) fighter. That hasn't changed. He was an accidental champion. How can you be champion with a 3-1 record, when there are guys in the division with 8 fight or more winning streaks? Khabib is 9-0 in the UFC, and never been champion. Eddie Alvarez was given a title fight with a 2-1 record. LOL

(2) I congratulated Eddie Alvarez after the Justin Gaethje fight. He revealed that his performance surprised me, and I was looking to see what he does in the future. I was very active in the popular threads discussing Alvarez vs Gaethje.

You are wrong. I don't play hide and seek. I will respond to any member who challenges me, if the challenge appears genuine. The only time I stay away, is when a member starts to deny the truth. When people start denying the truth (something that is known without a reasonable doubt), that is a sign to "disappear." LOL

well those people need to be shot lmao.
real cute.
I disagree. The tape and record for Cain Velazques match. The only knock against him will be consistency. Unfortunately for him, a GOAT athlete must have a body that is strong enough to consistently carry that load.

(1) I still believe that Eddie Alvarez is only a 4-2-1(NC) fighter. That hasn't changed. He was an accidental champion. How can you be champion with a 3-1 record, when there are guys in the division with 8 fight or more winning streaks? Khabib is 9-0 in the UFC, and never been champion. Eddie Alvarez was given a title fight with a 2-1 record. LOL

(2) I congratulated Eddie Alvarez after the Justin Gaethje fight. He revealed that his performance surprised me, and I was looking to see what he does in the future. I was very active in the popular threads discussing Alvarez vs Gaethje.

You are wrong. I don't play hide and seek. I will respond to any member who challenges me, if the challenge appears genuine. The only time I stay away, is when a member starts to deny the truth. When people start denying the truth (something that is known without a reasonable doubt), that is a sign to "disappear." LOL

well i will always defend alvarez, you know a guy who has won pretty much every belt in any relevant organization in the past 15 years and for some odd reason you dismiss him, i think the conor fight just broke your opinion of him way too hard and u can't look past it, anyway when it happened i never saw u around but i believe what u said

why would he have to beat cain? someone can't be GOAT if they refuse to fight their friend?

cain isn't even close to HW GOAT, if that's what you're implying.

dunno what you're on about tbh.
It is a sport. To be GOAT, you must beat all reasonable competitors of your era. If the fight can be made, you have no excuse.

You are already saying (in an indirect way) that you are better than your "friend," so why don't you prove it?

Yes because Werdum beat Cain and Stipe beat Werdum plus where is Cain his time is passing him by and I know it it due to injury but when you are on the injured reserve list you may not come back the same person or may not at all. I hope Cain comes back but as of right now he is not part of the conversation.

1. Velasquez isn't the GOAT.
2. DC's not going to beat Miocic.

It is a sport. To be GOAT, you must beat all reasonable competitors of your era. If the fight can be made, you have no excuse.

You are already saying (in an indirect way) that you are better than your "friend," so why don't you prove it?
It seems like you are excluding Cain from GOAT status due to his "consistency", and a body that couldn't consistently carry the load. How then, Does beating Cain at this age, with his known health problems, bolster DC's case any further in regards to himself being GOAT ?

Sports is not about saying things just for the sake of saying them. It is about saying things, and then proving them true, by realizing them.
PROFESSIONAL sports is about making as much money as possible

level of competition man, at the time Alvarez competed for the belt he had beaten number 2 and number 1 in the top 10. Doesn't matter whether you agree with the wins, or the level of fighter that Melendez or Pettis are now, at the time melendez was 2 when Alvarez fought him and Pettis was 1 when Alvarez fought him. At the time Khabib's best win was RDA when RDA was ranked 7 and Khabib went for like 2 years without a fight, pulling him out of contention. Tony's best win at the time was Edson, who was ranked lower in the top 10. Its about what was happening at the time that the fights happened. Landscape is everything.

If there's a knock on Alvarez it's that most people have always looked at him and thought he hasn't had the skills to accomplish what he has, that he's an overachiever. That may be true, but shouldn't the fact that the guy welcomes adversity to such a degree that he believes it makes him a better fighter, someone with undeniable heart that breaks guys with more skill to win fights more often than not deserve some credit on here? This dude has accomplished so much yet so many people I see on here try to discredit every one of his achievements. What's more realistic, that the guy with a 29-5 record over 13 years that's won multiple belts in multiple organizations, has remained in the top 10 of the LW division longer than any other fighter, that's avenged every loss he's had in the LW division except for Cowboy and Conor, that consistently goes to war and comes out on top is maybe better than you give him credit for, or is it more realistic that every one of his wins is in some way flawed because of all of these ridiculous reasons people come up with for why he's won his fights. Personally, I root more for guys who don't have the physical gifts or natural talent and overcome the shitty hands that life has dealt them and in spite of that, still do great things.

knock him for not being as skilled as the top guys if you want, but don't discredit Alvarez' achievements because they are very real and very well-deserved.

Back