• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let’s not forget, Cutilaba ended the Khalil Rountree hype train

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ion got brutally KO’d this past weekend but he was the one who ended Khalil Rountrees hype train coming off a DOMINANT performance over Eryk Anders.

I mean I think most people knew Rountree was a guy with pretty good stand up at a middle level. Fun fighter but never gonna hold a title. Still would watch all of his fights though.

Basically retired Rountree.
Glad he got KO'd by Ankalaev, though.

Reactions: HHJ
I mean I think most people knew Rountree was a guy with pretty good stand up at a middle level. Fun fighter but never gonna hold a title. Still would watch all of his fights though.

Pretty much this..

Nothing wrong with being a solid guy even if you never hold a title of become a contender..

Ion got brutally KO’d this past weekend but he was the one who ended Khalil Rountrees hype train coming off a DOMINANT performance over Eryk Anders.

When I see the name "Cutelaba," two things came to mind:

1) "El Chupacabra"

2) Drunken boxing

NauticalElasticBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
I think Cutelaba is pretty good personally. Good power, good wrestling when he chooses to use it and good aggression. I'd favour him against a couple of guys in the rankings at the moment.

Ankalaev is just a lot better.

I think Cutelaba is pretty good personally. Good power, good wrestling when he chooses to use it and good aggression. I'd favour him against a couple of guys in the rankings at the moment.

Yup.
Ankalaev is simply too crisp standing and one of the few guys that could make Ian pay with handspeed for his style: which normally relies on out athleting the otherguy and bulldozing forward.

Terrible cardio

Ion blocks punches with his face

Rountree had hype?

he lost to Sanchez, Pedro, and Walker before the Cutelaba fight? people were hyping him?

Yeah you could not fill a car let alone a Train with anyone hyping Roundtree.

Back