Lester Ellis vs Barry Michaels

Spoonking

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is just a piece i wrote on a boxing match that occured in Australia. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Historically, boxing in Melbourne has been made up of working class tribes divided by inner city suburbs and their respective gyms. Essendon had Jack Rennie

Nice read.

There is a few fantastic doco's available on this fight and a recent look back and into the lives of both fighters since the classic. Lester has certainly seen better days.

This piece isn't complete without that wonderful postfight photo from the fight of Barry Michaels, which, although I haven't seen it since it was printed in the mags at the time, is still what I think about when recalling that fight.

To think that Barry Michaels and Anthony Mundine have Lester as a common opponent sickens me more than a little bit.

To think that Barry Michaels and Anthony Mundine have Lester as a common opponent sickens me more than a little bit.

It shouldn't, seeing as Mundine's next opponent will probably be Sam Langford.

Great post - as newer fan to boxing it's nice to read some history on the fights that occured in the country i live in.

This is just a piece i wrote on a boxing match that occured in Australia. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Historically, boxing in Melbourne has been made up of working class tribes divided by inner city suburbs and their respective gyms. Essendon had Jack Rennie

referring more to the inner city there, Fitzroy, Richmond, St Kilda etc.

Back