Lesser known UFC stats

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just had an idea for a thread. What are some lesser know facts and stats in the UFC. I’d love to see what you guys discovered on your own.

Alexander Gustaffson is 3-7 in the last 10 years. He fought for the title 3 times losing all 3, but 2 of his 3 wins in that timespan are Glover and Jan who both became champs. Talk about wrong place wrong time and bad luck.

what are some you guys discovered on your own?

As of February 2022, there are five fighters who share the record for the most KO/TKO losses in UFC. Gabriel Gonzaga, Frank Mir, Alistair Overeem, Stefan Struve and Donald Cerrone have each assembled eight knockout losses, all tied for the most in the UFC.

the-more-you-know.gif

Question rather than a stat...There is a thread about Alex Caceres saying he would like to fight Yair Rodriguez for the belt, sure he just got ranked #15 so with a few wins it could happen for him, he already has 13 loses, which is the champion with the most loses by the time they got the belt?

Robbie Lawler had 10, anyone had more?

I just had an idea for a thread. What are some lesser know facts and stats in the UFC. I’d love to see what you guys discovered on your own.

Alexander Gustaffson is 3-7 in the last 10 years. He fought for the title 3 times losing all 3, but 2 of his 3 wins in that timespan are Glover and Jan who both became champs. Talk about wrong place wrong time and bad luck.

what are some you guys discovered on your own?
OSP has four Von Flue choke wins (all in the UFC), and that's twice more than Jason Von Flue has (one in UFC and one on WEC)

Joe Lauzon is the only TUF competitor to beat the coach of that season before joining the cast (against Jens Pulver at UFC 63)

Despite his nickname "Hands of Stone", Sam Stout only has one KO/TKO win in the UFC.

But what a KO that was though

sam_stout-yves_edwards_finish.gif

Last edited:
As of February 2022, there are five fighters who share the record for the most KO/TKO losses in UFC. Gabriel Gonzaga, Frank Mir, Alistair Overeem, Stefan Struve and Donald Cerrone have each assembled eight knockout losses, all tied for the most in the UFC.

the-more-you-know.gif
I just looked, Andrei Arlovski joined the 8 KO/TKO loss list just this past weekend, after Don'tale Mayes KO'd him. That's not even counting his 3 combined KO/TKOs in Affliction/Strikeforce in between UFC stints. If we're still lumping Strikeforce and WEC stats with UFC stats, Arlovski is the all time leader with 10. The Fedor KO in Affliction being the one not included.

When Mark Hunt fought Wanderlei Silva,Hunt was 1-1 and Wanderlei was 27-3-1
When Mark Hunt fought Mirko Crocop,Hunt was 2-1 and Mirko was 17-3-2

Hunt won both fights

MMA fighters who have also fought each other in other sports
Mirko Crocop vs Mark Hunt
Poatan vs Izzy

Quinton Jackson and Wanderlei Silva have fought each other in Pride,UFC,and Bellator
Alistair Overeem has fought Fabricio Werdum twice in Pride and once in UFC

2 fighters that I know that shit theirselves, Kish and the soldier of God. Great stat to have imo, very rare.
It's rare that you actually see it,but it probably happens alot.

Back