Lesser Known Games

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by RevXwise, Aug 8, 2016.

1. RevXwise

RevXwise Green Belt

This is a thread to share some lesser known games you've found that others might not know about.

On steam:
    Kenshi:
    A single-player Ultima Online. No magic, but you auto-attack, can mine, farm, build weapons and armor, build a town, recruit a bunch of people and wage wars on the NPC factions. Crazy awesome game; I thought I was bored of video games, but playing around with the game editor caused me to stay up all night long playing video games for the first time since I was in my teens. My favorite part of this game is that there are always battles going on between the NPCs - in fact, that's basically one of the best ways to make money starting out; you can just loot all the corpses after the random battles!
    Video

Running with Rifles:
    Overhead shooter that reminds me a bit of General Chaos for the Sega Genesis. You. Will. Die... A lot. Has RPG elements to where you can get followers, command vehicles, and get rare weapon drops.
    Video

Grim Dawn:
    Action RPG that should be the successor to Diablo 2. Dark atmosphere. Created by the people who made Titan Quest.
    Video

Retro-Pixel Castles:
    Mix of city builder and tower defense. Plays like The Settlers but monsters spawn and constantly attack you. The goal of the game? You eventually lose! Made by one guy who constantly updates it.
    Video

Party Hard:
    8-bit graphics. Everyone is partying and your goal is to murder them all. There are level weapon traps to kill them and you can dance to lure some away or piss others off! Stab them, store their bodies in coolers, and make sure the cops don't bust you!
    Video

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    deviake likes this.
  2. Concrete

Concrete Steel Belt

Thomas Was Alone

3. Joseph Budden

Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Deadly Premonition

Greatest game i've ever played

4. echohead

echohead Black Belt

Single player UO sounds like hell

5. jrams

jrams Black Belt

Screeps
    https://screeps.com/
    [​IMG]

6. badascan

badascan Pugnacious Audacious Moral Nihilist Platinum Member

This war of mine "PC": not sure if its well known or not. It's dark, with a good atmosphere. It also has a unique play style, side scrolling survival "horror"?

What did I do to deserve this, my lord 2 "PSP": a fun and unique but extremely difficult real time strategy/god game where you construct dungeons to prevent the "hero" from defeating your "anti-hero". Hard to explain.

7. RevXwise

RevXwise Green Belt

Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    No Man's Sky meets Minecraft. You can build hovercraft, spaceships, massive bases, and even capital ships which float around in space. Travel from planet to planet, mine for ore, destroy bases, and build whatever you want. It's singleplayer, coop and multiplayer. I've been having a blast with this recently.

Zer likes this.
  8. Coolthulu

Coolthulu Green Belt

Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse: I'm still pining for a HD remaster. The explosive gut grenade and severed hand are fiendishly marvelous. combat techniques. The epitome of undead badassery.

Deadly Premonition: It's basically Twin Peaks: The Game. The insanity is intoxicating. Love it. All of it.