Lesnar comparing himself to the likes of Ali, Tyson and Foreman

TheRainSong

Purple Belt
Reaction score
First of all, yes I acknowledge this is old news so if you're planning to point it out for me, don't bother.

To those of you that actually follow the sport, during the countdown to UFC 116, Lesnar stated the following "Everyone wants to see the heavyweights fight....Ali, Tyson, Foreman...........BROCK LESNAR:::SMILES:::"

Were you amused or offended? I was pretty amused.

Man can say whatever he wants to say....
that being said, I'm glad he mentioned those names in a positive manner.

Good for Brock.

Yeah he wasn't disrespectful or anything, I just found it amusing that man so early in his career is already putting himself in the same sentence as history's greatest HW's....I actually like Brock, some of his antics go just a little bit too far at times but the man's a freak athlete and an amazing wrestler.

Good points....
if it gets a handful of people wanting to see who this Ali, Foreman or Tyson is.... then that's a good thing in my book :)

Well.............He did beat Doink the Clown after all.

He has a very long way to go not out of the wrelm of possibility but hes not even one millionth of the way yet

I see him only having a great career by following the Matt Hugues formula

well, if he beats cain, shane again, dos santos, then a couple of other guys who develop or on hot streaks, mir, noguiera, cro cop, then why not? it's already apparant that mma is tougher to go on long win streaks with becuase of the little gloves and submissions so I don't think we'll be seeing very many long term champions against excellent competition. right now the ufc heavyweight division is stacked and if he cleans it out then maybe he could make that comparison.

Cracks me up because he didn't mention one MMA HW.. All were boxing champions.

Cracks me up because he didn't mention one MMA HW.. All were boxing champions.

There has never been a big drawing HW in the United States in MMA Fedor was more like a klitschko great fighter on the other side of the world that the American public did not care for. Until the UFC got Lesnar every ppv he is on will do huge like all the big HW boxers over history.

Back