Lesnar After Carwin vs JDS After Cain in Round 1

JohnMang

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
JDS has a heart of a true champion after lasting 5 rounds of that beating he got from Cain. That first round especially was brutal for JDS and him surviving is a testament in and of itself.

Seeing that, it's become even more impressive to me that Lesnar was able to come back after that first round with Carwin and finish him. I don't think people give enough credit to Lesnar for being able to do that.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to compare the two situations and say that JDS could've come back and beat Cain or anything considering Cain's cardio, just that it was impressive that Lesnar was able to come back after the beating he took and finish Carwin.

TL;DR-
After seeing the first round of JDS vs Cain, it made me even more impressed with how Lesnar came back and finished Carwin after his terrible first round.

The Carwin fight was by far Lesnar's most impressive perormance in my opinion. Demolished this guy who looked untouchable and showed tons of heart.
Not the most applicable comparision but I still see where you are coming from.

The Carwin fight was by far Lesnar's most impressive perormance in my opinion. Demolished this guy who looked untouchable and showed tons of heart.
Yeah it definitely was, even more than his second fight with Mir.

With the JDS comparison all I was trying to get across was that seeing the way JDS was getting mauled reminded me of the way Lesnar was and that it was impressive that he was able to come back from that and ultimately finish him with a submission of all things.

Lesnars beating in the first was much worse then JDS. Carwin has way more power than Cain.

If by 'demolished' u mean got the ever loving shit beat out of him the entire first round and then submitted (an extremely gassed) carwin with the worst applied arm triangle choke in history??
Then ya totally demolished him yup

If by 'demolished' u mean got the ever loving shit beat out of him the entire first round and then submitted (an extremely gassed) carwin with the worst applied arm triangle choke in history??
Then ya totally demolished him yup

This.

People don't give Lesnar nearly enough credit for anything but especially not that fight.

People act like he's got no heart and quits when hit, but he had one of the most powerful punchers Heavyweight has ever seen pounding on him for 3 minutes straight and he never even thought about quitting, just kept fighting and fighting.

Most people don't even remember how the fight really went. People don't remember that Lesnar was kicking at Shane constantly, throwing hammer fists up at him, they just remember the parts where he was covering up.

And very few actually remember that Lesnar got up before the end of round 1, scrambled to his feet and nearly took Shane down.

War LESNAR!

The fact that Junior survived that first round onslaught is in itself amazing.

The fact that he lasted the whole 5 rounds was shocking.

The guy made some critical tactical errors but gutted it out amazingly.

The Carwin fight was by far Lesnar's most impress1ve perormance in my opinion. Demolished this guy who looked untouchable and showed tons of heart.

Lesnar, by no means, demolished Carwin. He withstood the early barrage in round 1, partly because of the ref giving him more time to recover because he's the champ, and took advantage of the fact that Carwin gassed before the 2nd even started. By then, Lesnar took him down with ease and choked him out.

It was sorta impressive but the situations were pretty different. If Brock would have came back versus Cain I would see the comparison but I don't see one at all here. Brock kinda covered up and got lucky the ref didn't stop it then won when Carwin gassed BADLY.
He really didn't fight back until Carwin was dead, and looked like he was waiting for the ref to end it which never happened. It was sorta impressive he didn't literally quit but he really didn't fight back until Carwin was gassed.
Brock still doesn't get enough credit around here for being a champ though, which I think he deserves.

I find JDS sticking around MUCH more impressive seeing as how Cain didn't gas until the 4th 5th and it wasn't as bad Carwin while taking a massive beating. JDS is a warrior and kept coming. He kept fighting back during the fight and kept getting up from the takedowns like a true warrior even though he was getting demolished. JDS won me over as a fan last night by the heart he showed. I think JDS has much more heart and it showed last night. The way he kept getting up from the TDs and stuffed them earlier like nothing really impressed me too. If he had the cardio to match Cains he would still be champ.

Back