Leonard Garcia's striking.......

Viper98

GSP Fan
Reaction score
I know it's been done to death with people talking about how bad he is.......and yet his shadow boxing gets him huge hype from Rogan and White....but I hadn't seen any numbers so I decided to look in to it

his last 5 fights

vs Holloway(loss)
92 of 367 landed
25.07%

vs Grice(loss)
30 of 101 landed
29.7%

vs Phan II(loss)
107 of 382 landed
28.01%

vs KZ
16 of 88 landed
18.18%

vs Phan I(technically a win but even ray charles knows it was a loss)
70 of 288 landed
24.31%

Overall striking for past 5 fights:
315/1226 landed
25.69%

how does this guy get the praise he does........ I'll never understand. He's basically just a human punching bag and it's been 4 1/2 years since he legitimately beat anyone(Jens Pulver)

What's their definition of 'landed', do you know?

Would you rather watch Leben/Brunson....or a Garcia fight??

I don't understand why he gets hate at all.

I'd rather not watch either but if I had to chose I guess a garcia fight because I love watching him get his ass kicked

Dude brings it every fight, who gives a shit that he doesn't hit x amount of strikes.

clearly the Ufc only has 4 fighters Brunson, Leben, Garcia and whoever he faces.

Garcia is awful and the Ufc has hundreds of exciting fighters. Excuse us if we prefer exciting fighters with some actual skill.

Garcia trying to make it a fun fight?

Viper don't play that!

Dude brings it every fight, who gives a shit that he doesn't hit x amount of strikes.

I could go out and bring it in every fight if... much like garcia I'd lose every time but if that's all it takes to be a UFC fighter someone tell me how to get in touch with Silva and I'll do it

I could go out and bring it in every fight if... much like garcia I'd lose every time but if that's all it takes to be a UFC fighter someone tell me how to get in touch with Silva and I'll do it

Difference is that Garcia could actually take a punch, in addition to being technically superior, more powerful, etc. etc.

Garcia's fist causing air to blow into his opponent's face amounts to at least 12% of strikes landed per fight

asdf.gif

Split-decision Garcia comes to bang bro! Rogan gives so much unwarranted hype you have to disregard mostly everything he says. Just trying to build excitement, it's his job.

I'd rather not watch either but if I had to chose I guess a garcia fight because I love watching him get his ass kicked

Oh so you don't really care about landing %, you are just a hater. Thanks for exposing yourself.

Back