Media Leon Edwards Completely No-Selling Colby Getting a Title Shot

these guys will fight anyone for the right price. If Leon had someone in mind he'd be name dropping. Fact that he isn't means he is not happy with his contract and is willing to risk it all.

Leon got a title shot beating unranked Nate Diva but ya'll act different. He's a promotional nightmare zero personality and a pretty laughable strength of schedule in the UFC. Look at his run to the title before ya'll critisize Colby's.

Promotional nightmare? Leon's way more famous globally than Colby now.

Not to mention that he's become a superstar in the UK.

Colby's barely known in his hometown.

I am having difficulty seeing why this matchup is causing so much commotion.
I'm not convinced it is causing that much commotion. Outside sherdog anyway.

Edwards said like 3 things, weeks ago. Sherdoggers won't shut up about it since. First Edwards said he won't fight him. Then he softened and said Colby really doesn't deserve it (accurate). Then he said he won't fight in July but will in October (reasonable).

Much ado about nothing, most likely. It probably gets announced in June or July.

Bitches gotta talk about something until then though, eh?

Based on my experience on this forum, I've noticed that account bets are rarely followed through. However, if there were an official betting line, I would give it serious consideration. That being said, I'm willing to make a friendly bet with you that a Edwards vs. Colby fight would surpass 350k pay-per-view buys.

We can do a AV bet fasho, didn't mean to give off a hostile tone! My Bad!!!!!!!!!!!

We're all consumers of MMA here no beef

Do you understand that the UFC is a business and the fighters compete for a paycheck? Without a financial incentive, they would not participate in the sport.

Despite not being a fan of Colby Covington, it's important to note that the opportunity to make a lot of money in the UFC is limited.

As Leon's friend or coach, I would advise him to consider fighting Covington since it would generate more attention, revenue, and ultimately be more beneficial to his career. After all, isn't this the primary objective?

Additionally, Covington's inactivity may result in ring rust, which could work to Edwards' advantage.

I am having difficulty seeing why this matchup is causing so much commotion. As a supporter of Leon, wouldn't you want him to have the most significant opportunities?

It's possible to make a case that Belal deserves a shot at the title, but it's also arguable that his fights have been underwhelming.

In my opinion, the welterweight match-ups are straightforward. Leon should face Colby, and the winner of the Burns vs. Belal fight should be next in line for the title shot.
Yes we all understand why the UFC is pushing this. That's not the question here. The question is whether or not Leon is right to push back, and all that rambling and pointing out the obvious doesn't address that in any way.

Enough with the same 4 guys just cycling title shots. Bring in new contenders. That would actually be the best thing they could do considering the crop of WW contenders is on the wrong side of 32 and even if Colby or Wonderboy or Burns got the title, how long will they be on top? Why wouldn't they just retire and then we're set back AGAIN in the slowest moving division in MMA.

Colby doesn't deserve the shot and that's that.

Yes we all understand why the UFC is pushing this. That's not the question here. The question is whether or not Leon is right to push back, and all that rambling and pointing out the obvious doesn't address that in any way.

Enough with the same 4 guys just cycling title shots. Bring in new contenders. That would actually be the best thing they could do considering the crop of WW contenders is on the wrong side of 32 and even if Colby or Wonderboy or Burns got the title, how long will they be on top? Why wouldn't they just retire and then we're set back AGAIN in the slowest moving division in MMA.

Right. There's really only two counter-arguments:

1. he does in fact deserve the title shot (an embarrassing take, but I suppose some truly believe it).
2. he doesn't, but Edwards should STFU and toe the line anyway.​

#2 is especially churlish, because fighters with any leverage have been making demands for years. This is no different than dozens of other examples. And more often than not fighters push back with demands, and then negotiate into the fight anyway.

Dana countered this by mentioning how long Leon sat out for, and not one of those bum ass useless reporters could point out that that was after a 9-fight win streak (excluding Belal), for his first shot as opposed to already losing 2 title shots in his last 4 fucking fights like Colby

THIS

Leon is an independent contractor and has the right to refuse any fights offered by the organization. He cannot be forced to fight against his will.

You mentioned the division needing to move forward, but failed to acknowledge that Belal, Burns, and Thompson all have upcoming fights. Should Leon wait for the winner of these fights to recover and prepare for another 5 round bout?

If Colby is not an option, who should be Leon's next opponent - Shavkat or Khamzat?

I agree with you only if Belal or Burns has a flawless performance this weekend, suffer no injuries, and is willing to make a quick turnaround, as the division must progress like you mentioned.

it's so funny that all that Colby getting a title shot hype lasted all of like four days.. his fans love to claim that he's some sort of a star but in reality he only is in their heads

it's so funny that all that Colby getting a title shot hype lasted all of like four days.. his fans love to claim that he's some sort of a star but in reality he only is in their heads

I’d love for the winner of Belal vs. Burns this Saturday to leapfrog Colby for the title fight. Could happen if Leon campaigns for it.

That would leave Colby to fight Shavkat which is who he should be fighting.

Promotional nightmare? Leon's way more famous globally than Colby now.

Not to mention that he's become a superstar in the UK.

Colby's barely known in his hometown.
Leon is not a superstar in the UK, you ask the average person in the street who he is and they wouldn't have a clue.

Can't wait for Colby to finally decision-win the belt so we can get this over with

Since they are taking the fight last minute to help save a PPV the winner of Muhommad/Burns shouid get the next shot as the winner will be on a multi fight win streak.

Colby can have Shavkat for the next shot.

Hanging with the boyzzzzzzzzzz

tktk.png

Back