Media Leon Edwards' 8 second KO finish in the UFC (video)

It's nice knockout, but Baczynski was trash by that point. He was cut directly after the fight and finished his career with a 22-17 record.

Not to mention, it's Leon's only KO in 12 UFC fights. He was given a TKO over Sobotta with 1 second left in the 3rd round of a 3-round fight in London.

And here is Leon getting dropped and very nearly finished by Bryan Barbarena. This was 6 fights after the Baczynski KO.

7zv6PMG.gif

Leon certainly isn't some unbeatable fighter, but why post a shot of him getting hurt by a solid guy like Bam-Bam to try and discredit him?

Pretty much every top-tier fighter outside of Khabib has had a moment where they got hurt/drocked by a decent fighter; his defense is pretty solid for the most part - never been submitted, never been KO'd in his entire career (let alone UFC run).

That being said I agree with you that Seth B was washed and the Sobotta TKO was a gift. Leon is definitely far more technical then he is powerful as he seems to have a pretty high fight IQ and not try to over-power dudes. He doesn't have an elite chin and chooses to not fight reckless to avoid moments like the one above.

Think Khamzat might have bit off more than he could chew taking this fight.
The notion is what makes it exciting. We are getting a fight that wouldnt happen under normal circumstances. And Khamzat is def not short on confidence. He is getting what he's been asking for.

"I smesh them all. I am the Wolf,brother."

NEVER FORGET

676DB071-E9B1-4B49-AF8F-04441994F79F.jpeg

{<redford}

The notion is what makes it exciting. We are getting a fight that wouldnt happen under normal circumstances. And Khamzat is def not short on confidence. He is getting what he's been asking for.

"I smesh them all. I am the Wolf,brother."

This^. Very exciting.

Reactions: HHJ
Caucus mountain dog wrestling vs. British wrestling

Let’s see, brather

I love the "Yeah he's had enough", walks off, starts a small dance, looks over to check "Is he dead? Nah he's good", then continues dancing.

<36>

Reactions: HHJ
Leon won the fight, this is in the middle of his current win streak. Barberena is 2-2 since then, so what's the point.
The point is this video from 5+ years ago makes it appear as if Leon has insane KO power and can just walk through his opponents and turn their lights out. That's not really the case as his subsequent fights have shown he's a decisionator.

Look at a guy like Bisping. He wasn't known for KO power, but still finished 10 of 20 wins by KO/TKO, usually by pushing the pace and eventually overwhelming his opponents. Conversely, only 2 of Edwards' 10 wins have come by KO/TKO. He has become a bit overrated. He's likely a Top 10 welterweight, but #3 is way too high.

This is nothing compared to Conors 13 second KO over Aldo that shocked the world for all the casuals who didnt know how much of a savage Conor is.

why does leon edward remind me of a chameleon? lizard looking motherfucker

slick defense and movement,his defense is top notch that`s why
the matchup against khamzat is so good

Now post the three piece and soda he copped

<BC1>

edit / non cunty response:
it was pretty impressive, like Khamzat’s one punch KO win even. Can’t wait for the fight :)

to be fair he ate masvidal sucker punch as if it was nothing

Leon certainly isn't some unbeatable fighter, but why post a shot of him getting hurt by a solid guy like Bam-Bam to try and discredit him?

Pretty much every top-tier fighter outside of Khabib has had a moment where they got hurt/drocked by a decent fighter; his defense is pretty solid for the most part - never been submitted, never been KO'd in his entire career (let alone UFC run).

That being said I agree with you that Seth B was washed and the Sobotta TKO was a gift. Leon is definitely far more technical then he is powerful as he seems to have a pretty high fight IQ and not try to over-power dudes. He doesn't have an elite chin and chooses to not fight reckless to avoid moments like the one above.

When evaluating talent, It's a MUCH BETTER data set compared to edwards ko of a nobody like Baczynski.

Now post the three piece and soda he copped

<BC1>

edit / non cunty response:
it was pretty impressive, like Khamzat’s one punch KO win even. Can’t wait for the fight :)

Too bad Jorge doesn't want to meet Leon in a fair fight.

The amazing Seth Baczynski had nothing for Leon

lol

u mean he he ate it and did nothing

still the punch didn't do nothing, I expected more damage to result from a free shot from a professionnal fighter
and what could he have done? mas sucker punched him and then people jumped in to separate them immediatly
and then masvidal ducked him, a real bitch move, to sucker punch someone in a middle of plenty of people and then refuse to fight them one on one in the cage

slick defense and movement,his defense is top notch that`s why
the matchup against khamzat is so good

Would be crazy if Chimaev still finds a way to beat him in an impressive fashion. That would be nuts

Back