Leo Viera's brabo choke with gi???

JonTheJudger

Gouki
@Green
Reaction score
sorry for the newbie question, and i did make a search attempt but to no avail... everything is concerning the brabo no gi.
Can anybody tell me how does this choke work with the gi? I heard it involves choking the person with the actual gi. In like every instructional, they mention about Leo Veira's brabo choke, just wondering if anybody can give me a quick rundown of how to perform the move, or a post a video of someone doing it. thanks

Saulo goes over it in one of his instructionals, I will try to get some video up soon.

http://www.grapplearts.com/Brabo-Gi-Choke.htm

Feitosa teaches like this - i havent seen it any other way..

I've seen that before, and assume that is the original brabo with the gi since I haven't seen it another way. Could be wrong though.

A sneaky way to set that up is when you're opponent is turtled. Say you have side ride on your opponents left side, your left hand is fighting for a clock choke grip and threatening with the clock choke. With your right hand, pull his left gi skirt out from his left side and wrap it over his opposite shoulder around his neck to your left hand. Once you have this grip, it's super tight and he's not going anywhere. Then, just drive into him to force him on his side or back, take that lapel from your left hand into your right. Now, grab his opposite collar with your left, bring your elbows together and pull in just like the pics show in that link. You can also do a modified super-tight clock choke once you get that lapel wrapped around to your left hand instead of putting him on his side/back.

Saulo goes over it in one of his instructionals, I will try to get some video up soon.

Yea he does in his JJ revolution series, but he also goes over a pretty easy and simple counter to Leo's brabo

I've seen that before, and assume that is the original brabo with the gi since I haven't seen it another way. Could be wrong though.

A sneaky way to set that up is when you're opponent is turtled. Say you have side ride on your opponents left side, your left hand is fighting for a clock choke grip and threatening with the clock choke. With your right hand, pull his left gi skirt out from his left side and wrap it over his opposite shoulder around his neck to your left hand. Once you have this grip, it's super tight and he's not going anywhere. Then, just drive into him to force him on his side or back, take that lapel from your left hand into your right. Now, grab his opposite collar with your left, bring your elbows together and pull in just like the pics show in that link. You can also do a modified super-tight clock choke once you get that lapel wrapped around to your left hand instead of putting him on his side/back.

Thats a cool set up

Back