Lemieux on GGG's hype "Hes just another fighter. Cotto-Canelo are not middleweights

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Lemieux is right about cotto and canelo. I would hate to see the cotto/canelo winner fighter the GGG/Lemieux winner at a catchweight. What do you make of Lemieux's chances? Has anyone seen odds on this fight yet?

Canelo weighed over 170lbs the night he fought Trout. I think he'll fit in fine at middleweight. It's Cotto that demands the catch weight.

Cotto is not a middleweight, he weighed 153 against Geale. Canelo will fill in very well at middleweight, he's been draining almost 20 pounds just to make 155. He outgrew 154 a while ago.

Last edited:

Lemieux is right about cotto and canelo. I would hate to see the cotto/canelo winner fighter the GGG/Lemieux winner at a catchweight. What do you make of Lemieux's chances? Has anyone seen odds on this fight yet?

People complain way too much about weight. Come up two pounds, go down 4 pounds. It doesn't matter. If a fighter thinks he can make weight then cool. If a fighter doesn't think he can or doesn't want to try then cool. That is their choice.

It's a shit excuse to use after the fact for fighters and fans alike. If you didn't want to drain then you shouldn't have agreed to drain. If you didn't want to fight someone much bigger then you then you shouldn't have agreed to it.

Oh my fighter only lost cause he was drained or oh he only lost cause the other guy was too big are stupid things to say. He lost cause the guy he agreed to fight beat him within the terms they agreed upon before the damn fight. If he seemingly lost on paper long before the fight ever happened it's still his loss and there should be no excuse inserted into the equation.

Cotto is kinda small for a middleweight. I think if he gets past Alvarez he'll vacate his title before fighting the winner or Golovkin/Lemieux. I'm thinkin Golovkin gets his 21st KO in a row too...

People complain way too much about weight. Come up two pounds, go down 4 pounds. It doesn't matter. If a fighter thinks he can make weight then cool. If a fighter doesn't think he can or doesn't want to try then cool. That is their choice.

It's a shit excuse to use after the fact for fighters and fans alike. If you didn't want to drain then you shouldn't have agreed to drain. If you didn't want to fight someone much bigger then you then you shouldn't have agreed to it.

Oh my fighter only lost cause he was drained or oh he only lost cause the other guy was too big are stupid things to say. He lost cause the guy he agreed to fight beat him within the terms they agreed upon before the damn fight. If he seemingly lost on paper long before the fight ever happened it's still his loss and there should be no excuse inserted into the equation.

You sound like a complete novice.

He is right tho.

Anyway Cotto (and any other fighter) should fuck off from middleweight if he does not want to fight against middleweight fighters.

Good post

I think he is spot on.

He is right tho.

Good post

giphy.gif

He is right tho.

Anyway Cotto (and any other fighter) should fuck off from middleweight if he does not want to fight against middleweight fighters.

No he's not. Weight is huge. Watch mikey garcia 2 days from hbo n tell weight me isnt a big deal. It affects fights.

There is a reason fighters make someone drop 1 or 2 more pounds than usual.

No he's not. Weight is huge. Watch mikey garcia 2 days from hbo n tell weight me isnt a big deal. It affects fights.

There is a reason fighters make someone drop 1 or 2 more pounds than usual.

the point is if you agree to that weight then dont complain about it

I agree with him as well, maybe you should rethink it.
The use of the weight class chosen by the fighter and his trainers, as an excuse, is the most embaressing thing I can think of in boxing...

This is you in this thread:

Royally estranged
tom-brady.gif

The use of the weight class chosen by the fighter and his trainers, as an excuse, is the most embaressing thing I can think of in boxing...

Royally estranged
tom-brady.gif

I love Tom Brady. The goat

I really hope that Lemi cracks Golovkin. I want to see how he handles things when he gets blasted by a big puncher.

I know his offense is stellar but Im very curious to see how he adapts to that, or if he just returns fire until someone drops.

Royally estranged
tom-brady.gif

The only thing funnier than this gif is what it says at the bottom.

How do you guys think Lemieux would fare against Cotto or Canelo? Would you give him a better chance against those guys? I think the entire group beats him, but he's not an easy fight.

I think Cotto is the best p4p fighter of the group, but his size is a huge disadvantage at middleweight. I see Cotto as a small light-middleweight that is fighting in the middleweight division. The other day I saw an interview with Brandon Rios where he said Cotto was much smaller than him when they met.

Back