Leglock on Kenny from J-Lau

I don't see how he was unaffected by that heel hook either. I was waiting for him to staring grabbing his knee and rolling around in pain.

Yeah, I'm no heel hook expert but I couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong. Lauzon kept looking at him like he was expecting him to be in pain or tapping.

I wish I had a GIF to look at..I think Kenny's ankle was just to flexible

Kenny kept his leg straight. This kills alot of the torque on your leg. A textbook heelhook needs for the victim's leg to be bent so that you can "fold" his heel over alot easier.

Looked to me like Kenny kept his cool, dealth with the discomfort knowing so long as he kept his leg straight he would survive it.

Kenny kept his leg straight. This kills alot of the torque on your leg. A textbook heelhook needs for the victim's leg to be bent so that you can "fold" his heel over alot easier.

Looked to me like Kenny kept his cool, dealth with the discomfort knowing so long as he kept his leg straight he would survive it.

Fact.

Florian's leg remained straight, so Lauzon had no leverage to bend the knee. The ankle was not at risk here, because this was a heel hook, not an ankle lock. As well, Florian did a good job burying his heel into Lauzon's side, making it harder to lock in a heel hook.

also his hand placement and body angle helped as well

Shit I'm too afraid to mess with heel hooks to learn how to defend them. I should try though.

Didn't look that tight. Looked like Kenny had his far leg in there making space. If you don't have a good squeeze on the leg and the leg is straight, you have nothing...

He probably should have went for the kneebar instead of the heel hook when he stepped over the leg.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back