• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

legit pro wrestlers today that can compete in MMA

Bad News Allen was an Olympic medalist in judo. Honestly, the pre 2000 pro wrestling landscape is littered with guys who could have legitimately whooped some ass if the channels were available. Fit Finlay was a notoriously tough catch wrestler. According to legend, Haku/Meng was the toughest man to ever enter the wrestling business, which sounds reasonable seeing as he was a 290 lb. Samoan with a cinder block head and catch wrestling and judo background. After watching last night's performance, I'd actually favor a majority of the wwe locker room over CM Punk.

Enough with this shit. These guys are entertainers. They may not be afraid to fight or bleed. But let's face it they fucking cannot fight against a professional MMA fighter. Brock is an exception. But even he really doesn't belong in there
13116633_534587613395030_623499276_n.jpg

Adorable Adrian Adonis?
tumblr_m6o0szSXoZ1rqoq0po1_400.jpg

Don't know if you're trying to be funny or have actual knowledge.

He was a good shoot fighter.

Same as Adrian Street who was probably even more vicious and had an awesome Wigan pedigree.

_75590845_adrian_street3.jpg

Really? Lots of them, had they trained for such.

High level athletes and proven amateur wrestlers include
:
Ron Simmons
The Rock
"Dr Death" Steve Williams
Jack Swagger
Baron Corbin
Mojo Rawley
Dolph Ziggler
Shelton Benjamin
The Steiner Brothers
American Alpha
Kurt Angle
Tony Atlas
Wahoo McDaniel
Ernie Ladd
Jim Wilson
Bad News Allen
Just off the top of my head...

Not all of the names listed may have taken to the training but it's likely a few could have done well for themselves if they had done so in their primes.

They all could, it just depends on what level you were thinking.

Jack Swagger has legit wrestling background, and is a good combination of strong/agile so he's at least got a good base.
Baron Corbin golden gloves champ
Chad Gable Olympic Wrestler
Kurt Angle if he had started in the 90s would have been a beast.

Bad News Allen was an Olympic medalist in judo. Honestly, the pre 2000 pro wrestling landscape is littered with guys who could have legitimately whooped some ass if the channels were available. Fit Finlay was a notoriously tough catch wrestler. According to legend, Haku/Meng was the toughest man to ever enter the wrestling business, which sounds reasonable seeing as he was a 290 lb. Samoan with a cinder block head and catch wrestling and judo background. After watching last night's performance, I'd actually favor a majority of the wwe locker room over CM Punk.

Bad news lost to tamura. Though I'm unsure if it was a work or a shoot.

Nakamura... well, he's proven already, Maybe Samoa Joe, but Kevin Nash says he bitch slapped him and Joe did nothing... I think Jack Swagger, if Angle's neck was not like the bird petey's in dumb and dumber. I don't know these days who would be able to do it and not get crushed in 20 seconds. Yuji Nagata who actually had a good wrestling background got smoked but to be fair look who his first fights were. Maybe some Japanese guys, I'm not up to snuff with the current Japanese scene, I know lots of the old school guys who were legit bad asses. I think more back in the day there was much more to choose from now not so much.

Maybe Hannibal from Canada or British Bulldog's son Harry Smith.

Back