Leg kicks are not worth it

While you rarely end a fight with them, it help slow the movement of your opponent, and sap the strength.of their leg (thus making their wrestling less effective). And while we've seen a few horrific leg break, they are statistically fairly rare.

When i was training, i never was much of a leg kicker (seeing these leg break traumatised me lol) but i can tell you thst they hurt as hell

While you rarely end a fight with them, it help slow the movement of your opponent, and sip the strength.of their leg (thus making their wrestling less effective). And while we've seen a few horrific leg break, they are statistically fairly rare.
Its true that its effective if you land them over and over i think they are very dangerous to throw because if they are checked then you could be out of fighting for a year or so like silva and weidman, i know its rare but it seems like its happening more and more now.

Its true that its effective if you land them over and over i think they are very dangerous to throw because if they are checked then you could be out of fighting for a year or so like silva and weidman, i know its rare but it seems like its happening more and more now.

Honestly, i don't.think these breaks are becoming more common. If im not mistaken
it only happened to weidman, silva and Corey hill, which were all a few years apart from each other,

I'm sure. Even if true, I had been doing martial arts for 4 years already in 93. Not that this means Sherdog shouldn't prescreen new users so we don't get ridiculous threads like this.

Almost 30 years in and you don't see the value of leg kicks? Lol...
I see the value, i just dont think its worth the risk if it gets checked and your leg is broken.

Sherdog needs to implement some type of pre-screening process for people making new accounts.
Could have two step verification tied to phones or start doing IP and/or MAC address bans lol . Easy ways to get around all of those but I think the minor effort would stop most people from creating a new account . Probably too serious for a karate forum though .
<Fedor23>

Could have two step verification tied to phones or start doing IP and/or MAC address bans lol . Easy ways to get around all of those but I think the minor effort would stop most people from creating a new account . Probably too serious for a karate forum though .
<Fedor23>

Maybe just a few questions?

"Do you like pro wrestling?"
"Can you name a fighter other than McGregor?"
"Is grappling gay?"
"Is there value in leg kicks?"

<Fedor23>

they need to do something. I’ve been here almost 20 years now and this place is fucking retarded these days.

Back