Left uppercut orthodox stance

This. Any technical striker will clean your clock from this mistake.

Not in MMA. Can't even think of any in boxing. Uppercut with your lead hand is just like ... hit me right in the face please.

as the thread fills with gifs and videos of world class professional fighters knocking other professional fighters out with it...

Yancy Medeiros vs Yves Edwards.

Yeah all of those are "smash" or "shovel punch", sometimes also call upperhook or hookercut..

Povetkin-Whyte, Ngannou-Overeem, Ngannou-Henrique are real lead uppercuts.

Nah Ibebuchi's was an uppercut. Clean your glasses off lol

200w.gif

Not in MMA. Can't even think of any in boxing. Uppercut with your lead hand is just like ... hit me right in the face please.
youd have to chain into it with a combo. like a jab, straight, left uppercut etc.....
u def dont wanna start a combo with a lead uppercut tho thats for sure

As a lead in? Man those have to be far and few between. But with a proper 1 or 1-2 set up it looks a lot like a hook to the head or body (especially body) so you can sneak one up the middle as you step inside with your left foot

Any good knockouts with this punch from orthodox? Or practitioners proficient in this category

Thank you sherbros

Its more of a set up strike...for a rear hook or kick ..no1s really throwing it for the K.O

But it leaves you open for big counters...

I cant think of any off the top of my head in MMA but no reason why it couldnt work

the lead hand uppercut/corkscrew uppercut has always been one of my favourite punches.

loved when roy jones and prince nassem did that, conor does it too or at least used to.

Kharitonov ended Rua's life with a left uppercut if I recall correctly..

It's not a left uppercut, but damn this is clean.
ba55083e0150d21a0c6880ba5ed74f4c.gif

Back