• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lawler vs Colby smells bad

Before Colby diminished Robbie.

giphy.gif

didnt see Lawler throwing any punch with an intention to KO Colby.
hope I am wrong but this fight just smells bad
2... I thought the exact same thing. Would not make sense when we talk about Lawler, but on this fight... I don't know, huh.

As the biggest Lawler fan on Sherdog

No, he didn't

Reminded me of Lawler at middleweight (when I actually began to hate his style - primarily during elitexc). He shed that brash, overly relaxed inactivity when he returned to welterweight (and the UFC) but for whatever number of reasons he couldn't seem to find the timing or opportunity to get things in gear last night. Very disappointing. The Askren fight showed that he definitely isn't anywhere near over the hill, but the man has had an insanely prolonged career at this point so he isn't walking away lacking for anything.

I'm trying to follow the money and I don't see it.

Did Colby pay off Robbie out of his career earnings that are five times smaller? Is UFC involved behind Colby because they want him as a champion after they gave his title shot to Usman? The gambling mafia wanted the favourite fighter to win? Trump?

What are we looking at here?

I love Lawler. Used to chat with him from time to time when he was coming up 10-15 years ago. That said he's always been hit or miss. He might be explosive or he might look like he has a bad hangover and some residual Nyquil in his system. Not a good one to put money on. I ALWAYS root for him though. Great fkn guy.

Presser Lawler looked beat up some. Lawler would take dive? Has he ever been accused of fight fixing before? Doesn't seem like he is that guy IMO.

Edit: also, do fixed fights go 5 rounds? Shouldn't they finish quick with a sub or something? Why go 5 rounds that offer more exposure of the deception? Weird fight but weirder as a fix - again IMO YMMV and all.

Last edited:
Back