Lauzon/Miller, Lauzon/Varner, or KZ/Poirier?

KZ/Poirier, then the Miller fight, then the Varner fight.

For me, Lauzon/Varner was a better, more competitive match, but there was just something about Lauzon/Miller. Just had great intangibles.

Lauzon/Varner cause I didn't see KZ/Poirer

Lauzon/Varner cause I didn't see KZ/Poirer

It's one of the most baffling phenomenon's in MMA.

It was an impressive showing by KZ, an all around good fight, but totally one-sided and not that action packed on the whole.

Yet people keep bringing it up like it was some barnburner. I honestly think it's just Japanese MMA fans who were super stoked about an asian guy getting a win over a guy with a lot of hype. Other than that, I don't see the appeal.

It was an impressive showing by KZ, an all around good fight, but totally one-sided and not that action packed on the whole.

Yet people keep bringing it up like it was some barnburner. I honestly think it's just Japanese MMA fans who were super stoked about an asian guy getting a win over a guy with a lot of hype. Other than that, I don't see the appeal.

I really feel the same way, I just never brought it up because I don't want to be that guy. However since you have now deemed it okay to be that guy, I will join you, and agree, that KZ/Porier was just an okay fight. Maybe because I'm not really emotionally attached to either one, although I always root for KZ over whoever he is fighting.

KZ/Poirier is first.
Lauzon/Varner is second.

Not sure where I would slot Lauzon/Miller yet.

1. Lauzon/Miller
2. Lauzon/Varner
3. KZ/Poirier

I don't care if it's fresh or not, that fight was incredible!

1. Lauzon/Varner
2. Lauzon/Miller
distant 3. KZ/Poirier

I'm a big Poirier fan, but KZ won that fight easily. At no point did it really look like Poirier was going to turn the tide.

Is that why most mma sites gave it FOTY or at least SOTY. Yea Dustin got wrecked but it was fuken amazing to watch. Especially the back and forth exchanges on the feet and tell me you didn't jump in the air when KZ flipped Dustin to mount when he went for the Takedown. To top it all off KZ puts Dustin to sleep with Dustin's own favorite move

Lauzon/Miller because I'm a big fan of both fighters.

1. Lauzon/Varner
2. Lauzon/Miller
3. KZ/Poirier

All three are bad ass fights but KZ was not in any real danger of losing the fight.

Lauzon/Varner. Saw it at the Staples Center for my first event, it was amazing.

1. Lauzon/Varner
2. KZ/Poirer
3. Lauzon/Miller

That's how I'd order them.

Back