Latifi wasn't bad

I had it 2-1 Lewis but wouldn't complain if Latifi took it

Not doing anything while on the ground really cost him, he should've at least looked to land some ground and pound

I think it's more accurate to say heavyweight is a garbage division then to say latiffi looked good

His wrestling is pretty overrated he was just keeping Lewis at cage i think he won though. Him vs Overeem next

I think Latifi won overall but I can understand him losing because of those flying knees and other unanswered sig. strikes from Lewis. Overall I'm not angry about the decision it was fine.

Last edited:
Lewis won clearly. Lewis won round 1 (Latifi literally didnt do anything in that round but block headkicks and knees). Laitifi took round 2, obviously. Round 3, Latifi did nothing with his takedowns and spent the final 20-30 seconds desperately surviving and trying not to get KO'd. No issue at all with the decision, Lewis was the one trying to finish and almost did so.

Latifi will do better than I expected at HW, though, he's strong as an ox but man - we're in for some BORING ass fights with him.

Lewis got the win he deserved as he landed the most meaningful offense. 1 and 3 were Derrick, 2 was for Latifi. That much I feel was pretty obvious.

That being said, Laitif looked way better at HW than I thought he would. His sketchy chin held up amazing against BB's hands and knees, his wrestling was on point (double legging BB with elevation in the third was impressive), and his cardio looked better than in the past (that'll never be his forte though). All in all, with his style and physicality he may well make it to Top 10 status, Top 15 for sure. There are a dearth of good offensive wrestlers at HW and Ilir could very well be blanketing his way to a FightPass co-main near you by the end of 2020.

Stay tuned...

Lewis won the last minute of the last round. That's worth more than earlier rounds and minutes.

Last edited:
Latifi looked good against BB
Showed a surprising strength advantage and a dynamic wrestling game(could ve done more damage but he was pitted against one of the bigger HWs)
Awesome durability

Fight sucked dick, but I thought Latifi won. People can complain about lay n pray, but BB was huge compared to him, has serious power, and Latifi has had a suspect chin at times in the past, so what other game plan should he have used.

Lewis won clearly. Lewis won round 1 (Latifi literally didnt do anything in that round but block headkicks and knees). Laitifi took round 2, obviously. Round 3, Latifi did nothing with his takedowns and spent the final 20-30 seconds desperately surviving and trying not to get KO'd. No issue at all with the decision, Lewis was the one trying to finish and almost did so.

Latifi will do better than I expected at HW, though, he's strong as an ox but man - we're in for some BORING ass fights with him.

he's going to get knocked out soon in my opinion. you can't fight the way he fought Lewis without eventually getting KO'd. he literally just stood there, waited for Lewis to throw is flying knee, and then ducked and hugged him into a waist lock.

people saying that he looked good because he was able to wrestlefuck Lewis are not taking into account, Lewis fought like a moron because he was trying to get a highlight reel KO, and Latifi had only enough energy to take him down because that is ALL he was doing. he didn't try to really even strike or anything.

The best thing he did in that fight was taking those 3 Black Beast Tiger Knees without flinching. His chin seems like it will be ok at hw

I thought he won the fight. That was a bad fight for him beforehand imo but he controlled majority of the fight. Not pleasing on the eyes though. Lewis won it with that flurry at the end I guess

Also chin looks good at HW
He should have arguably won but considering all he did was lay on beast and clearly just try and hold him there without doing much I don't care that he kind of got screwed over a bit. Fuck 'im.

The best thing he did in that fight was taking those 3 Black Beast Tiger Knees without flinching. His chin seems like it will be ok at hw
Did any of those knees actually land flush though? Takes beast so long to get his knees up I don't think any landed cleanly.

Latifi looked good against BB
Showed a surprising strength advantage and a dynamic wrestling game(could ve done more damage but he was pitted against one of the bigger HWs)
Awesome durability
Nah fam, just because he survived doesn't mean he looked good.

Lewis got the win he deserved as he landed the most meaningful offense. 1 and 3 were Derrick, 2 was for Latifi. That much I feel was pretty obvious.

That being said, Laitif looked way better at HW than I thought he would. His sketchy chin held up amazing against BB's hands and knees, his wrestling was on point (double legging BB with elevation in the third was impressive), and his cardio looked better than in the past (that'll never be his forte though). All in all, with his style and physicality he may well make it to Top 10 status, Top 15 for sure. There are a dearth of good offensive wrestlers at HW and Ilir could very well be blanketing his way to a FightPass co-main near you by the end of 2020.

Stay tuned...

Laitif will be destroyed by any HW in the top 10, in fact he's not going to beat someone like Ivanov. He can't outstrike most HWs and even if he takes them down it will be difficult for him to do much.

in the small moments he was explosive , he was damn fast , especially for a big fellow, if he trusted his speed more he could have laid quite a few into BB before he could react

Back