Latest successful MMA bloomer?

braege

White Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a successful MMA fighter who had absolutely no combat training whatsoever up until the age of 20?

Just curious if there are any successful late bloomers, not having much luck finding out on my own.

Thanks in advance guys

Rich Franklin. I can't think of anymore right now, but I'm sure there are. I mean 20 is not too old at all.

appreciate the response guys, thing is im trying to get a friend to start training with me (ive been at it for only a few weeks myself) but he keeps saying hes to old to start and make anything of it (hes about to turn 22).

so thought i would get on here and ask, thanks again

Matt Arroyo, Frank Shamrock, Bas Rutten, Bob Sapp and Brad Imes come to mind but there are many many more

BJ Penn didn't start training until he was 18

it's never too late to start. It's all about personal progression. it's like climbing a mountain, everyone takes different paths, some shorter some longer; but when they get to the top, the view is the same for everyone.

I personally think every fighter regardless of age has at least a good ten years in them.

not trying to too my own horn, but i am 24, started training a little over a year ago and im confident i will have a pro fight by the end of this year, you and your friend may not make it to the big show but my point is it depends on what you consider "making something of it". commitment to doing something you love, self discipline and developing respect and humility is a huge achievement in my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back