News Latest PFL pay show fighters making as little 3k

That was Hester’s first professional fight, and she lost. How much should a debut fighter make?
Average debut pay in regional shows is between 300-500 show and the same again to win.
12k show win at the absolute minimum but ideally somewhere around 30k
God bless you. Truly. I’d love to see this for debut fighters as well, they deserve it. The problem with being a “pro” fighter is that literally anyone can do it. You pay 50 bucks to get a license from your local state, lie to a promoter about your experience and you’re in the cage throwing bones in 6-8 weeks.
It can be worse. I saw Nikita Kulshin said that LFA paid him 700 (I don’t remember but I think it was 740) $ to show and same to win.
LFA as a feeder league for ufc should be doing better. But it’s not uncommon for LFA to pay less than 2k show/win. 1200/1200 or so

I hope everyone realizes PFL is long ways away from being profitable.

When your not making money how much can you really pay newbies??? Plus let's not forget the guy making 3K in the PFL might of only made like $500 or 1K for his previous fight on some Indian reservation show or whatever. Overall, I don't think the pay looks out of line when compared to everyone else.

The UFC is the only org in the world that can afford to pay guys on the undercard 25K for there first fight in the UFC or whatever if they wanted to.

Combate Global is paying some fighters more than PFL and LFA.

Loughnane and Movlid being on 50K/50K is atrocious those are your companies two most recent champions. Did Shane Burgos ever say what the PFL was paying him per fight? In interviews he made it seem like he couldn't turn it down even if wanted to.

For a small org, guaranteeing you get 6 figures every year isn't that bad. You are also guaranteed a 3rd and 4th fight depending on your performance. It's not easy to get 4 fights in one year in Bellator or the UFC.

Considering how unknown they are they're not making terrible money.

If they make the playoffs, which they are favored to do so but don't win any playoff matches then they made 250k in salary for the year. I am fairly certain that the top guys get booked toward the end of the season even if they were eliminated. It's just easier to get booked on PFL.

Last edited:
Guessing like Bellator some of those guys are getting more than that like Loughnane.

Back