Last Time A Dominant Champion Had Twice The Threat To Get Beat.

Tech Nine**

White Belt
Reaction score
When was the last time a dominant champion had twice the amount of threat to get beat like what Jon Jones is dealing with now?

I don't mean prospects of premature hype machines. I mean two legit contenders who could take down Jones being that of Gus and Cormier.

Who do you feel has the better chance of beating Jones of the two?

Gustafsson has the boxing/striking to beat Jones with more potentially being able to have more success in the rematch. This complimented by the fact that he has solid takedown defense.

But Cormier has the wrestling to finally out wrestle Jones. And his freakish power would not make it easy for Jones to bully him around.

Good luck Jones.

Cormier I believe has the better chance. His wrestling is unmatchable. rashad has good wrestling but nothing compared to dc. This will be Jones first test against a high level wrestler and I think with dc fighting in the pocket jones won't be able to land much on the feet. He tries the spinning back elbow he's going to be put on his back.

Yeah, good times indeed, both guys are legit threats, and all three are improving with each fight.

Cormier's wrestling is supreme. But both are obviously great threats.

If Jones can convincingly get through both then he's the GOAT no question.

Gus already did that.

Didn't outwrestle him so much as neutralize Jon's wrestling. Same as Rashad. Like DC said: "Nobody has had Jones on his back for more than an instant" and that includes Gus.

Didn't outwrestle him so much as neutralize Jon's wrestling. Same as Rashad. Like DC said: "Nobody has had Jones on his back for more than an instant" and that includes Gus.

Neutralized and outwrestled. He tossed Jones to the ground multiple times.

since every fighter who has lost his title shot sucks, no. and if Jones beats these guys, they will suck too.

Liddell with PRIDE influx (Rampage, Shogun & Hendo as potential challengers).

Gus has the better chance going forward, and has already shown he can give Jones all he can handle. Jones knows how to use his reach extremely well, and Cormier is giving that up to him more than most at LHW. If DC can consistently get in close, Jones could be in for a long night though.

Back