largemansmay's diet log...pseudo psmf

largemansmay***

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, so I thought I would start a diet log. I pretty much eat the same thing every day so I will just outline that here. I have a weight loss contest ending on Christmas so my goal is to lose as much weight until then (I have been on this diet for a bit). I am about 287 now (my ideal weight is probably about 180-185).

Anyway, here it goes:

10:00 AM: Meal 1

1 egg, 4 slices of ham, 1 egg, 2 slices non fat cheese, on a wrap with low calorie ketchup.

Estimated cals: 8 grams of fat, 12 grams carbs, 40 grams of protein, 335 calories (not exact)

2:00 PM: Meal 2

Protein Shake with side of steamed veggies

Estimated cals: 25 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat, 15 grams of carbs, 200 calories

4:00 PM: Meal 3

Protein Shake with side of steamed veggies

Estimated cals: 25 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat, 15 grams of carbs, 200 calories

6:30 PM: Meal 4

Chicken in wrap with side of veggies

Estimated cals: 40 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fat, 300 calories

Day totals: protein: 130g, fat: 17g, carbs: 62, total calories: 1035 (I know the macros don't add up perfectly...its an estimate)

Last edited:
Just ate my last meal of the day. It was a good day. I started this because yesterday I binged and ate like garbage and I want to not do that...so hopefully posting on the internet what I ate will help with that.

lol, my plan didn't work. I am in the process of eating like garbage today. Tomorrow is two weeks from Christmas. I will destroy it for the next two weeks and win the competition. I have to because I need the money, lol.

Alright, time to get back on track today. 2 weeks until Christmas. I am going to destroy it today and eat healthy.

Just food for thought, but I'd get rid of the wrap and eat more protein and fat. Up the slow rate cardio and cut water the last 2-3 days.

Unless the people you're competing with have cut water before you should be at a huge advantage.

Just food for thought, but I'd get rid of the wrap and eat more protein and fat. Up the slow rate cardio and cut water the last 2-3 days.

Unless the people you're competing with have cut water before you should be at a huge advantage.

The people I am competing with are my immediate family. My brother, mother, father, and sister. My parents and sister are basically out of the competition. They haven't done anything to lose weight. My brother is apparently eating a bit healthier and maybe goes to the gym sometimes. He is certainly not cutting any water weight.

Also, the wraps that I eat are 70 calories, 12 grams of fiber, 2 grams of fat, 17 grams of carbs (5 grams net carbs when you subtract fiber) and 7 grams of protein. So they are quite low carb. Also, they keep me sane. Without the wraps no way I could stick to this diet, and I am having a hard time as it is.

Basically this diet is probably far more than I need to do to win the bet, but I NEED to win the bet for monetary reasons and I want to be 100% sure I will do that.

Basically this diet is probably far more than I need to do to win the bet, but I NEED to win the bet for monetary reasons and I want to be 100% sure I will do that.

Cardio, cardio, cardio, cardio.

Cut water and you're in like flint; Probably can out perform everyone else by 20 pounds if you really apply yourself.

Keep us updated; I'm interested.

Cardio, cardio, cardio, cardio.

Cut water and you're in like flint; Probably can out perform everyone else by 20 pounds if you really apply yourself.

Keep us updated; I'm interested.

Yeah, I am thinking of just riding my exercise bike at a decent pace for about 20 minutes a day. If I work out harder than that I will probably get light headed because of the low calories I am eating.

And its funny, because I don't want to win by THAT much because there will likely be another bet after this and we will use these weigh in numbers for the starting of that bet, so it does put me at a little disadvantage for the next weigh in. I will assess the situation when I get home I guess.

If you're light headed you need to be eating more; A bet isn't worth compromising your general health. I'm surprised that's the case, however, because I've pushed myself very hard on a 1500 cal p/day diet. My lean weight would be 145ish though, at 5'7.

I guess if you can monitor their progress somehow you can just safely overshoot them.

If you add an extra 300-500 calories and burn 1000 cal per day doing cardio (approx) you'll be losing more weight and feeling better. I'd say just try it for a week; Up the cals to 1500, ride your bike in the morning for an hour, another hour of cardio exercise in the afternoon (High paced kickboxing, basketball, soccer ect) and take a nice long walk at night. If you're feeling lethargic before the afternoon cardio drink half a gatoraid.

I think you have this in the bag regardless though. After Christmas start doing the big three lifts.

Ughhh, I fucked up again today. This diet is getting to me mentally. I am a house dad with my 3 year old son so I just hang out with my son and think about food. It gets to my head. I think I am going to change my diet to this:

Breakfast
9 AM
1.5 sausage patties, 2 slices of ham, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 2 eggs, on a wrap. Estimate: 600 calories

Snack
12 PM
1 Banana and some almonds and chocolate chips
Estimate: 300 calories

2 PM
Steamed veggies and 1 scoop protein
estimate: 200 cals

4 PM
Steamed veggies and 1 scoop protein
estimate: 200 cals

6:30 PM
A wrap with meat and maybe cheese and maybe some sort of sauce (will vary by the day) and veggies
estimate: 600 cals?

So with my fish oil pills my diet will be hovering around 2,000 calories. I am pretty sure that eating soon after I get up and eating every few hours after that will keep me sane and keep me from craving things I shouldn't. Also, my breakfast wrap in the morning will be delicious and fatty so I am sure it will fill me up.

I have been trying to get some inside information about how my brother is eating from my parents (he lives with them). I know my parents aren't eating well but my mom has been reluctant to tell me about what he has been eating. I am thinking that he might not be eating too well because he basically eats whatever my mom makes...and if she isn't cooking healthy he probably isn't eating healthy. Anyway, I started this competition at 302 and this morning I was 288 (different scales unfortunately). My scale is kind of stupid though and depending on where it is in the bathroom I am between 285-288. So I don't know where the scale I will weigh in on Christmas falls into that range. Hopefully on the lighter side, lol.

Right now I really just need to sort out my head. Mentally dieting is getting to me. I am thinking about food constantly. I think about how I will eat healthy, what I will eat for a cheat meal, how I will eat in the days right before Christmas while I am at my parents, how I will eat on the long car ride up to my parents house, etc. Its not right. Its not healthy how I am so obsessed with food, and it is throwing me off.

If you're light headed you need to be eating more; A bet isn't worth compromising your general health. I'm surprised that's the case, however, because I've pushed myself very hard on a 1500 cal p/day diet. My lean weight would be 145ish though, at 5'7.

I guess if you can monitor their progress somehow you can just safely overshoot them.

If you add an extra 300-500 calories and burn 1000 cal per day doing cardio (approx) you'll be losing more weight and feeling better. I'd say just try it for a week; Up the cals to 1500, ride your bike in the morning for an hour, another hour of cardio exercise in the afternoon (High paced kickboxing, basketball, soccer ect) and take a nice long walk at night. If you're feeling lethargic before the afternoon cardio drink half a gatoraid.

I think you have this in the bag regardless though. After Christmas start doing the big three lifts.

Yeah, I might try to work out a bit more on my new diet plan. I will probably feel a lot better doing that. I actually stick to my diet better when I am working out as well. I am about 5'8 (on a good day...more like 5'7 and a half, lol). I am guessing that I would probably be 10% body fat around 170, though I am not positive. I was reasonably slim (not a 6 pack or anything, but probably between 15-20% body fat) at about 160 when I was 16 during wrestling season but I have gained quite a bit of muscle in the past 9 years (I am 25 now). I have never lifted but I have always been a naturally stocky guy.

I am going to go out and get some breakfast sausage tomorrow and see if this new diet does anything for me. I am guessing the added fat, calories, and eating every few hours should help my preoccupation with food. I guess we will have to wait and see.

How's the increase in calories working out?

lol, I did the opposite. Check out my thread in the regular D&S. I am doing a 36 hour water fast. I decided that I would try it out because I am planning on doing it for my drive home (11 hour car ride) the day before my weigh in, and just wanted to see how it effected me because I have never done it before. It is 7:30 right now and it seems to be going well.

Tomorrow I will start my higher calorie diet though I am planning on reverting back to eating 3 meals a day at 12:30, 5:30, and 7:30. My meal plan yesterday just had so many meals a lot of them had a large amount of veggies in them and it started to gross me out a bit eating huge piles of steamed veggies 4 times. I guess I will see how it works tomorrow, but I am expecting it to be good.

Yea same here, I can only so much when it comes to green vegetables. I can eat carrots and tomatoes all day though, might have something to with the sugar?

How's the weight? Are you even going to attempt a cut before the weigh in?

Yea same here, I can only so much when it comes to green vegetables. I can eat carrots and tomatoes all day though, might have something to with the sugar?

How's the weight? Are you even going to attempt a cut before the weigh in?

My scale is screwy. Depending on the placement of it in my bathroom I am probably between 286-288 this morning. My starting point was 302 around November 6th. Unfortunately 302 was kind of estimated because the scales that were used for the weigh in only went up to 300. At one point, after one of the scales said error, as I was about to step off, it said 302, so that is what we put down. I really don't know if that was accurate or not. The next morning I was 304 on my own scale...mind you I weighed in at 302 after eating breakfast and before having one of the biggest bowel movements of my life due to anti diarrhea medicine that I had taken previously.

For the next 9 days I am going to be eating low carb, even for my cheat meals. I will probably be averaging around 1500 calories a day.

This is my new diet plan:

12:30
Meal 1
2 eggs, 1.5 sausage patties, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 2 slices of ham, on a wrap with low carb ketchup. It comes out to a little under 600 calories.

5:30
Meal 2
Steamed veggies and 2 scoops of protein powder. About 340 calories. I also eat 60 calories worth of fish oil per day, so that is 1,000 calories.

7:30
Meal 3
Chicken, refried beans, cheddar cheese, fat free sour creme, on a wrap, with a side of veggies. About 500 calories.

So that is my 1500 cals a day diet. Even on my cheat days I won't be eating much more than that.

My brother called me yesterday and told me he has lost quite a bit of weight. This got me worried so I am going extreme again. Weigh ins are one week from today. I plan on eating this diet until friday (On wednesday I am going out with my in laws and I will eat a cesar salad for dinner that should be about 800 calories, but only 10 carbs...it shouldn't make much of a difference.) I am currently trying to drink about 2 gallons of water a day. On friday I will cut that down to less than one gallon. On saturday I am doing a long drive and I will drink very minimal water and the only thing I will eat is 3 scoops of protein powder throughout the day. I am guessing I will be able to drop quite a bit of weight in the next week if I stick to this...which I will make sure I will because every tiny bit counts at this point.

So I am back to this diet:

Anyway, here it goes:

12:30 AM: Meal 1

1 egg, 4 slices of ham, 1 egg, 2 slices non fat cheese, on a wrap with low calorie ketchup.

Estimated cals: 8 grams of fat, 12 grams carbs, 40 grams of protein, 335 calories (not exact)

2:00 PM: Meal 2

Protein Shake with side of steamed veggies (2 scoops of protein powder

Estimated cals: 50 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat, 15 grams of carbs, 350 calories

6:30 PM: Meal 4

Chicken in wrap with side of veggies

Estimated cals: 40 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fat, 350 calories

Day totals: protein: 130g, fat: 17g, carbs: 62, total calories: 1035 (I know the macros don't add up perfectly...its an estimate)

Perfect day. Stuck to my diet 100%, drank a whole bunch of water, spread it out a bit more so I didn't get much of a head ache like yesterday.

OK, I have made a truce with my brother for the bet. We are basically splitting the money. We are doing another bet to end in the middle of may with my family. Hopefully everyone loses weight this time. Anyway, I realized that trying to cut my calories so low (and my carbs as well) caused me to binge. I would only be able to eat like this one day at a time and the next day I would eat like garbage. I am going to take a more liberal approach for my diet now. This is my plan:

12:30 pm
1 wrap, some breakfast sausage, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 eggs, low calorie ketchup. It is delicious and about 600 calories and about 40 grams of protein

2 scoops protein and a side of veggies...about 350 calories and 50 grams of protein

I have about 1,000 calories allotted to this meal, and I want to make it at least 40 grams of protein and have a side of steamed veggies. I have a lot of options for this meal. I will probably be doing things like large sandwiches, stir fries with ramen noodles, pizzas, pasta, etc. This should help because it is like eating a cheat meal every day.

I will end up eating about 2,000 calories a day (probably a bit less on most days) and I am pretty sure I will be able to stick to it because I will be excited for my dinner every night. I guess I will see how it works.

OK, I have made a truce with my brother for the bet. We are basically splitting the money. We are doing another bet to end in the middle of may with my family. Hopefully everyone loses weight this time. Anyway, I realized that trying to cut my calories so low (and my carbs as well) caused me to binge. I would only be able to eat like this one day at a time and the next day I would eat like garbage. I am going to take a more liberal approach for my diet now. This is my plan:

12:30 pm
1 wrap, some breakfast sausage, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 eggs, low calorie ketchup. It is delicious and about 600 calories and about 40 grams of protein

2 scoops protein and a side of veggies...about 350 calories and 50 grams of protein

I have about 1,000 calories allotted to this meal, and I want to make it at least 40 grams of protein and have a side of steamed veggies. I have a lot of options for this meal. I will probably be doing things like large sandwiches, stir fries with ramen noodles, pizzas, pasta, etc. This should help because it is like eating a cheat meal every day.

I will end up eating about 2,000 calories a day (probably a bit less on most days) and I am pretty sure I will be able to stick to it because I will be excited for my dinner every night. I guess I will see how it works.

I actually followed a similar plan as this one for a long time just I had a snack of almonds as well. It's a good maintenance diet as long as you're not trying to stay too lean. I sat at 165-170 for years on it. (I'm about the same size as Frankie Edgar)

Only real probably is keeping that last meal in check because 1000cal of shitty food isn't really that much if you like to indulge.

For losing weight maybe try doing it every other day, where your calorie deficit is from every other day.

Well from the calculations I have done a sedentary person weighing 170 at my height and weight should be eating around 2150 calories for maintenance. I would imagine that if I were to eat this diet for long enough I would get down under 200 pounds without much of an issue.

And I am pretty sure I will be able to keep my dinners in check. I have a lot of wiggle room there. I am thinking I might make large stir fries or pasta dishes and separate them into portions and just freeze them so it would be like making my own frozen dinners.

Back